Japan Club - Montclair State University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan Club - Montclair State University

japanc.weebly.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Zombie Run - Halloween fun! 10/30

Go down 
+2
Jess S
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Zombie Run - Halloween fun! 10/30 Empty
PostSubject: Zombie Run - Halloween fun! 10/30   Zombie Run - Halloween fun! 10/30 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 5:11 am

Please talk about anything for our second Zombie Run game!

Schedule:
October 30th (saturday)
at the Student Center QUAD

Since it is outside, we will plan another way to play the game.
and we can even test it out during one of our meetings. =)

I think we can improve of the setting of the game, rules, ways to play it, and such!
Please submit forth your ideas!

Thank you
-CC
Back to top Go down
http://japanc.weebly.com
Jess S

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Run - Halloween fun! 10/30   Zombie Run - Halloween fun! 10/30 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 2:48 pm

Hi!! Below are what we discussed for Chibicon Zombierun that could be used now that this event his held outdoors.

Quel

rounds can be played survival, capture the flag, or escape mission style *point a to b*.

survivors should be indentified by same color tshirts to make life easy and cheap. white can show "blood" really well!

we can plant hostages, flags, and ammo in the rooms.

We can get maybe cones or boxes to mark special zones where amo/hostages are

we could ask if gamers wants to help us design this. they are good at figuring out fair games.

okays... sooo instant death for a head shot right? (assuming we have head shots)

3 for torso
1 for extremities, and they cant use it anymore.

Cherry

-For Survivors: Each one has up to 10 HP, each "hit" from a zombie is -x HP depending on the lvl of the zombie. a "hit" is a minor touch or contact with the survivor, nothing harsh so we dont hurt our players.

Medical packs will be hidden in selected places of the stage and they will be small, medium and large packs. small packs will give +2 HP, medium +5 and large +10 (add to the amount the survivor already has). if they touch the medic pack, they all instantly gain the HP and they have to declare in someway that they have activated the medic pack. there is no reviving, once you reach 0 HP is game over for the survivor, no turning into zombie.

-Bosses: as a tribute to the zombie games, i suggest we included 3 bosses, each one from silent hill, resident evil and left 4 dead. to be precise, pyramid head, nemesis and the witch.
now, each one will be a boss for a level: easy = the witch, medium = pyramid head, hard = nemesis.
aaaaaaaaaand, if we really wanna have something for the hardcore gamers, lets throw wesker from RE for a hardcore level! xD

-Damage calculation:
- Normal zombie:
HP: 4
Dmg: -1 per hit
Takes dmg: Head = -4, limb and torso = -1

- The Witch:
HP: 10
Dmg: -1 per hit
Takes dmg: Head = -1, limb and torso = - 1/2 (it takes a lot to kill that bitch on the game!)

- Pyramid Head:
HP: 15
Dmg: -3 per hit
Takes dmg: Head = 0, limb = -2, torso = -3

- Nemesis:
HP: 20
Dmg: -8 per hit
Takes dmg: any hit = -1/2

- Wesker:
HP: 30
Dmg: instant death per hit
takes dmg: any hit = -1

Because we're playing outdoors I'd like to do a capture the flag obstacle course type thing. Maybe scatter your bosses closer to the goal. like going through lines of zombie defense. Medical packs/amo drops are easy to do. Just put little bags/boxes randomly.

As for costumes it's Halloween! Maybe some people will already come in costume.

Audry

I love your Chibis and I'm going to use them for fliers/advertisement ; D

Techniqual Plans

We should sell water and maybe other food that doesn't need heating/candy?

What kind of prizes should we/could we give out? candy?? : D

Could candy be "medicine packs"? : DD
Back to top Go down
Jess S

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Run - Halloween fun! 10/30   Zombie Run - Halloween fun! 10/30 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 3:00 pm

https://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/rockmanfan/commissions/?action=view&current=zombierun.jpg

1. Goal!!
2. Survivors
3. Base Zombies
4. Medium Zombies
5. BOSS ZOMBIE rawr
6. Medicine packs
7. Start
8. Water/candy stand
Back to top Go down
Cherry-Kun

Cherry-Kun

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Run - Halloween fun! 10/30   Zombie Run - Halloween fun! 10/30 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 3:37 pm

aight!!!

in regard of the idea i wrote. i think that the bosses are best suited for indoor games. you know. to make it feel more like a game. for outdoors. a horde wud be better....although. the witch wud fit perfectly there.

now. at animenext there was a dude cosplayin pyramid head. some girls as nurses from silent hill and another dude cosplayin as nemesis. if we can get in contact with them. we cud ask them to come to our halloween event and be those characters again. dont you guys think so? we wud save time and money on gettin people to dress as those characters and on the costumes.

i still like the idea of an outdoors event. but i feel that it wud loose a bit of suspense xD
Back to top Go down
Jess S

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Run - Halloween fun! 10/30   Zombie Run - Halloween fun! 10/30 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 4:11 pm

: ( in regards to outdoor event we don't really have a choice...Unless we can find some other place to do it they've kicked us out of the 4th floor and gave us the Quad instead.
Back to top Go down
Cherry-Kun

Cherry-Kun

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Run - Halloween fun! 10/30   Zombie Run - Halloween fun! 10/30 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 12:30 pm

snap! that sucks. well. itll still b fun xD
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Run - Halloween fun! 10/30   Zombie Run - Halloween fun! 10/30 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:06 am

lol ok. when i heard it was going to be outside the only way we can plan it is for it to be similar to capture the flag (and then i read jess's post...sweet)

we can also one meeting test the game out O:
that is another thing we can do too!
Back to top Go down
Mithos

Mithos

PostSubject: Concerning Zombie Run   Zombie Run - Halloween fun! 10/30 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 4:04 am

As we spoke concerning the difficulty of this game coming to it's prime as any look alike of a gun, toy or so on is banned,

really puts you on the short stick. There's a Wikipedia article about this game actually,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humans_vs_zombies

A possible alternative as said for guns are,

Following the Virginia Tech shootings, the game was banned outright at some colleges.[11] Other college administrations banned Nerf blasters instead to discourage the game,[11] but students were still allowed to use balled up socks or marshmallows, which students have admitted are not as much fun.[5] Many campuses who responded negatively following the shootings have since repealed the NERF bans, though others remain in place.

Hopefully, this can spur more ideas concerning Zombie Run.

Halloween is nothing when there's no zombies : /
Back to top Go down
Jess S

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Run - Halloween fun! 10/30   Zombie Run - Halloween fun! 10/30 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 10:14 am

This is great!! We'll probably play this way adding a few accessories and flares of our own
Back to top Go down
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Run - Halloween fun! 10/30   Zombie Run - Halloween fun! 10/30 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 4:06 am

U_U still so disappointed about the loss of our nerf guns. we werent the only club to use them either....

there are a few larpers in gamers that could help. for example, i remember a poition is a small cloth pouch... thought it sucks in comparison... the larpers would make good judges.

the quad is a very plain field to work with, could we add things? the 4th floor was so cool because of the doors and hallways, it added much suspense... perhaps cardboard cutouts of rocks? plastic trees?

... i miss my projectiles...
Back to top Go down
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Run - Halloween fun! 10/30   Zombie Run - Halloween fun! 10/30 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 4:07 am

oooh oooh what about a plastic archery set? thats not a gun! (albeit, a terrible way to aim)
Back to top Go down
Mithos

Mithos

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Run - Halloween fun! 10/30   Zombie Run - Halloween fun! 10/30 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 9:32 am

IDEA! How about as projectiles, we use lacrosse sticks as weapons? We can load ammo inside the net with whatever you want, paper balls, plastic cheap balls you find in the kiddy ball pools. Stuff like that.

I don't think police will take too friendly to arrows either
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Run - Halloween fun! 10/30   Zombie Run - Halloween fun! 10/30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zombie Run - Halloween fun! 10/30
Page 1 of 1