Japan Club - Montclair State University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan Club - Montclair State University

japanc.weebly.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C Empty
PostSubject: Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C   Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 5:15 am

Iron Chef is back!

Instead of sticking to last fall's iron chef, we decided to go back to our original way of planning this event. We will be again participating in Iron Chef instead of watching other people (that we dont know) play. lol

It will be on:
November 10th
@ 7pm

in the Rathskeller Cafeteria B/C
in the Student Center.

Please submit any ideas for this event!
Or discuss about any concerns, and such.

In addition, we are trying to ask LASO to co-sponsor with us! hooray! <3
If you would like to have another club join this event, please inform us!
Thank you!
-CC
Back to top Go down
http://japanc.weebly.com
Jess S

PostSubject: Re: Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C   Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 2:57 am

00 hi...so....we're going to invite random people from the audience and have a few ingredients set out and hope they know how to cook?
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C   Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:10 am

I think that is how we should do it =)
Back to top Go down
Jess S

PostSubject: Re: Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C   Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:12 am

Ok, but what if nobody in the audience wants to cook? should we get emergency stand ins?
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C   Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:15 am

Well we can also have flyers posted up real early so we can get signups.
Like those "if you want to participate, please email or call this number!" kind of thing
to ensure people who want to play.
first come first serve kinda thing

and if there are any spots open, then we can reach out to the audience.
but i am sure some people who come to the event might be interested to play O:

we have many options to go about this~
Back to top Go down
Jess S

PostSubject: Re: Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C   Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:17 am

^.^ ok, that's a good idea *very reassured*

since it's in the cafeteria now what kind of cooking utensiles do you think we'll be able to use? from the pictures I think we had stoves/burners last time but it's probably not that luxurious now
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C   Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:21 am

I think from the money we made at the con and other stuff, we should buy items that the SGA would not provide for us (because they are stingy and strict about this if they say no lolooll)

and those things are pretty much needed items since we usually offer hot foods at our events.
also if we do buy them, i do not suggest buying something too cheap unless it is known that the item is very good and will last long.
Back to top Go down
Jess S

PostSubject: Re: Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C   Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:25 am

^.^ oh! Kathy said we have a $1500 SGA budget and $700 from chibicon. (I didn't know i this was semster or all year, so I divided it by our roughly 10 total events not counting chibicon.) at the least we have 150 to spend per event <3 and that's before you subtract the events that don't cost much at all (Like zombie run)

when we get back to school we either need to figure out if our grills work (or how they work) and if they don't defin. look into buying another one.

we could use our rice steamer and we've got a microwave so at least those will help.
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C   Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:30 am

Plus some things we need to buy can be used for more than one event.

Also some of the grills we used actually do not belong to the club. It was borrowed from members. I like how we can use it, but I want to stray away from using personal items (especially if we use it a lot) as much as possible.

although it may save us money, if we use it a lot then I think it is worth purchasing.

i also need to think of a solution to the sink problem we have. xD
Back to top Go down
Jess S

PostSubject: Re: Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C   Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:33 am

00 sink problem?
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C   Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:38 am

yea. although it may not really hinder iron chef, if we wanna hold an event like cafe and stuff, its so helpful to have sinks. O:
omg it would be so awesome if our club room had a sink so we wouldnt have to use the bathroom. ahh dreams.

but anyway i never been to an iron chef event before. so i am not quite sure how the set up would be entirely. *A*

what do we have for that so far?

Back to top Go down
Jess S

PostSubject: Re: Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C   Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:55 am

-_- *finger twiddle* well...I've never been to one either.....I think....we might just do a basic chicken/rice/vegtables and let them have fun with our spice collection....
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C   Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 4:57 am

ahh. i also meant the set up too

o 3o
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C   Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 5:12 pm

Bumping to remind members about this event!! =)
Back to top Go down
Epithimia

Epithimia

PostSubject: Re: Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C   Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 2:33 am

I've been to all the iron chef events, the way you guys have it described is how we've basically done it in the past, the only difference this year is Kathy wanted us to know what the secret ingredient was ahead of time (for some reason o.o).
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C   Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 8:03 am

Yea I forgot why. :/ I think to preprepare the food but I think she should discuss it with the other organizations to see what they think too just in case (without telling them our decision yet tho or we come up with a new one)

and when we come up with a new one, I think it should be done during eboard meeting, not during the general meeting.. or something like that. maybe during an event meeting so that its not told (if we keep it a secret) to other teams (including our team if we are participating) and if any members who do not want to cook but help with the secret ingredient, then they can come to the meeting.

also the secret ingredient would be supplied by us obviously if it is a secret. =o
Back to top Go down
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

PostSubject: Re: Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C   Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 2:58 am

i prefer to keep things secret.... we just gave them precooked items, like chicken strips. the way we set it up with the classes is good also.

we told them it would be between ingrident x and y. they prepared a shopping list for both, and were still surprised when they got it. we only bought ingridents for the items they would cook.

this requires we know the contestants.

if we dont, we throw them up on stage with a general pantry, secret ingridents, and a menerage of kitchen applicances, mcguyver style.

btw theres a few important things about picking judges:

all those who are restricted in their diet cant be a judge. such as veggieteran, kosher, allergic, etc. its just not fair to the cooks.

Back to top Go down
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C   Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 3:35 pm

event canceled for this semester
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C   Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Chef - Nov 10 @ Cafeteria B/C
Page 1 of 1