Japan Club - Montclair State University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan Club - Montclair State University

japanc.weebly.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Opening Ceremony

Go down 
+2
Kathy
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Opening Ceremony  Empty
PostSubject: Opening Ceremony    Opening Ceremony  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 9:10 am

1. list of ideas for opening ceremony
2. make pamphlets/schedules/sign up sheets for overall event. have available and clearly posted
3. do e-board based video? opening video?

Back to top Go down
http://japanc.weebly.com
Kathy

Kathy

Opening Ceremony  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony    Opening Ceremony  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 3:18 am

for the opening ceremony, i was thinking that we do the usual video first and then JCDC can perform after it or it can be the other way around
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Opening Ceremony  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony    Opening Ceremony  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 1:03 pm

well the opening ceremony should probably be optional. we'll have to talk to artist alley and the other booths wether they want to stay open during opening ceremony. that was one of the complaints last year is that we'd gotten people invovled in the different activities and then everything was shut down for the ceremony.

if anything it should be an instructional video on loop about who to talk to, where the exist/bathrooms are and what panels are available. (we'll employ our policeman to make sure they go through the ballrooms first and get stamped/informed)
Back to top Go down
http://japanc.weebly.com
Kathy

Kathy

Opening Ceremony  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony    Opening Ceremony  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 1:17 pm

yes, the video should be more informational but we also want to get people excited about it so what we can do is nothing opens until the ceremony is over. so no food or anything will open till after
Back to top Go down
Jess S

Opening Ceremony  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony    Opening Ceremony  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 12:36 am

we'll take a vote
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

Opening Ceremony  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony    Opening Ceremony  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 4:31 am

who was posting using the admin account for that last post?
please whoever posts using the admin account would put their name somewhere on the post so we know who we are talking to~

anyway
i suggest nothing is opened until AFTER opening ceremony is finished.
please read my post.
Back to top Go down
Jess S

Opening Ceremony  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony    Opening Ceremony  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 1:35 pm

I officially see what you girls are saying about opening ceremony. I just want someone in that room selling things (a bit of the maid cafe treats/water/someone from artist alley. something to keep the guests more entertained than just videos and pamphlets. once you get unhappy customers they could stay unhappy for got knows how long

oh, it was me. I forgot to sign out
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

Opening Ceremony  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony    Opening Ceremony  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 3:01 pm

i do not think they will be unhappy. its just the starting/opening thing.
i do not think its a good idea to have random groups of people in random areas.
its better to group everyone in one location for the beginning so everyone is on the same page with what is going on and such~

in addition, then we can also participate in the opening ceremony.

i dont even expect the opening ceremony to take long anyway, so it shouldnt be an issue.
Back to top Go down
Epithimia

Epithimia

Opening Ceremony  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony    Opening Ceremony  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 9:41 am

Why is JCDC performing at the beginning and the end of Chibi-Con?
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

Opening Ceremony  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony    Opening Ceremony  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 8:11 am

they are?
i dont know what the plan is, but why is that an issue anyway? o.o;
Back to top Go down
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

Opening Ceremony  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony    Opening Ceremony  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 1:25 am

in theroy, there should be more people at the end, and more of an audience for jcdc.

btw, i like the running loop, theres a good chance opening ceremonies will take more than just ten minutes. expect the worst.
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

Opening Ceremony  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony    Opening Ceremony  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 10:13 am

well a 10 min opening ceremony is a bit short yes? o.o;

Last edited by cc on Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kathy

Kathy

Opening Ceremony  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony    Opening Ceremony  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 7:55 am

the opening ceremony will probably take a half hour as for JCDC it is only a suggestion, if you wanna do what we did last year where if different people wanted to do a performance we can do that b/c i really enjoyed it
Back to top Go down
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

Opening Ceremony  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony    Opening Ceremony  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 12:30 am

i like the idea of the usual entertainment at the end. but... the biggest problem we've ever have is that everyone thinks theres never enough rave time. honestly, this happens whether or not we are on schedule and give them a full hour. (silly ravers) i think a full dress rehershal could help figure out how long our ""masqurade" is. maybe go through each act in sequence a week before? (not the night, the members WILL be busy cooking and baking if we can help it!)

in the end, proper equipment checks will save your day....

(sooo... exicited!)
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

Opening Ceremony  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony    Opening Ceremony  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 3:55 am

I think we should have a rehearsal at least maybe a week before the event Smile
good idea ^^ ~
Back to top Go down
Epithimia

Epithimia

Opening Ceremony  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony    Opening Ceremony  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 4:10 am

YES! Rehearsal!
Back to top Go down
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

Opening Ceremony  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony    Opening Ceremony  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 4:22 pm

sooo... perhaps as soon as chibicon's date is finalized we should book a space for our masquerade to practice in, a week ahead? id also keep the location to same as well... itll give them a better idea of their space.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Opening Ceremony  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony    Opening Ceremony  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opening Ceremony
Page 1 of 1