Japan Club - Montclair State University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan Club - Montclair State University

japanc.weebly.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Game Room

Go down 
+2
RocketGrunt
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Game Room Empty
PostSubject: Game Room   Game Room Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 9:18 am

1. talk to gamers about hosting video-games & running the game room(?)
2. list of games: ( sailor moon scene it)
3. supervisors chart
4. itinerary: examples: (DDR 2pm, stadium, cards )
Back to top Go down
http://japanc.weebly.com
RocketGrunt

RocketGrunt

Game Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Room   Game Room Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 1:34 am

Mwahahaha Team Rocket is here to foil your plan...

Prepare for trouble,
And make it double,
To protect the world from devastation,
To unite all people within our nation,
To denounce the evils of truth and love,
To extend our reach to the stars above,
Andrew,
Sanns,
Team Rocket blast off at the speed of light,
Surrender now or prepare to fight.
Raltz!!!!!

Hi... I'm will Talk to Gamers about helping run the game room. I will also ask if they would like to donate their TVs/Systems... I will also find a list of games view video and card/board games. I will also ask gamers if they would like to help run the game room with better coordination then last year. I will also somewhat start a day plan of what is going down in the Game Room... And I will also start asking for people who want to help supervise as well... I will be a all day supervisor in the game room just to make sure everything is going good. If that is okay.
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

Game Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Room   Game Room Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 4:29 am

That is great andrew. I like your idea :')

i think we should form some kind of schedule and then we can show them and see if they agree. then we can form the times of the game room from there... maybe Smile
but of like i mentioned in the other thread, the game room will not be opened until AFTER the opening ceremony.

i do not know if we should have a closing time meaning there is a period where it will be closed for a short while, sort of like a "break" and then reopened.
and it should be closed before the ending ceremony (do we have one...?) and/or before the rave...basically before the last thing we have~ so we can start to clean up and also because its closed off, we can all enjoy the last event in the ballroom.
Back to top Go down
RocketGrunt

RocketGrunt

Game Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Room   Game Room Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 5:59 am

I think we should have it closed for the opening ceremony... However I believe that it should be open during the closing ceremony as well as the rave because some people don't want to dance they want to play video games.....
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Game Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Room   Game Room Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 2:58 pm

i guess, but it would work if the people who are staffing do not want to participate in those things.
if not then its best to close up.
we can discuss with the gamers though, for their input too.

-cc
Back to top Go down
http://japanc.weebly.com
CJ

CJ

Game Room Empty
PostSubject: Tournaments my dear   Game Room Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 1:34 pm

i am dabbling with the idea of holding a card tournament for either Yu-Gi-Oh or Pokemon.
-Andrew and Mike have been taking the test to become an approved judge for Pokemon and i will be doing the same as soon as i can access my accountt on the site
-Once the semester begins i will be talking to the gamers (specifically Robin) to find out how to become a judge for YGO or if th ey (robin) would be willing to sanction the tournament
-if we do have the tournaments the prizes for them i was thinking of were, for YGO: The Legendary Collection ($30) or the newest structure deck ($12-15) and for Pokemon maybe a plushie ($12-20)+apck or 2 ($4-Cool or the newest deck.
Andre has also been planning a Pokemon Stadium Pokemon League Tournament which truthfully i know little about other than he set up trainers on the game with the same pokemon teams as the 8 original gym leaders to fight you may talk to him for more info. Smile
Back to top Go down
RocketGrunt

RocketGrunt

Game Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Room   Game Room Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:11 am

@CC... I will not be at the opening ceremony because I wanna make sure the GAME ROOM and only the GAME ROOM is ready for the convention. So i will be in the game room mostly the whole time during the convention and before the convention setting up. I have been talking to gamers but nothing really set in stone yet. I'm going to try and talk to them when the spring semester starts.

@CJ... I think it's a great Idea to have those card tournaments, which reminds me to try the test out later today...lol... and the prices are in a decent price range which is good. As for the pokemon stadium event I was trying to set up. I have come up with problems that I am planning on fixing. But it should be interesting. For now I don't think I will have the event I planned until I fix the problems.
Back to top Go down
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

Game Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Room   Game Room Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 3:41 pm

Two usual reasons for closing the game room early were:

A) to start cleanup because the police demand we be out of the building by 11:45pm
B) no one wanted to stay in there because all of our staff wants to rave

There's no easy way around it. Breaking down tvs and systems takes about a half hour, and it needs to be done by 11:45pm. therefore, at the latest the game room can close is 11:15pm.

Just keep these sorts of thing in mind while you plan opening and closing times for the game room and rave.

Also remember if these systems or tvs belong to someone, they need to pick them up and walk out of there by 11:45pm, not go get the car or finish raving at that point.
Back to top Go down
Kathy

Kathy

Game Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Room   Game Room Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 1:15 am

the idea of card tournaments def sounds interesting b/c that will bring a lot of the gamers members in

although everything will be closed during opening ceremonies, we do need someone to watch all of the systems while it is going on, and since Andrew said he would then yay ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Game Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Room   Game Room Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game Room
Page 1 of 1