Japan Club - Montclair State University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan Club - Montclair State University

japanc.weebly.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Random serious question about those who are learning japanese

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gex2k1

gex2k1

Random serious question about those who are learning japanese Empty
PostSubject: Random serious question about those who are learning japanese   Random serious question about those who are learning japanese Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 3:14 pm

I'm just wondering why do certain people feel the need to talk in a high pitched voice that is normally not their real voice when attempting to speak Japanese? Is it an attempt to sound cute? In particular there certain people who obviously do it on purpose for no particular reason. Why? It is very annoying and it is blatantly obvious that you are doing it for attention. The attention you are drawing isn't any good. To be honest it's actually really really really annoying and in my class it does annoy a lot of people who are serious about learning the language. It's actually really distracting.

Can someone answer why they feel the need to do this? I'm not singling any one person out, rather it's a group of people that both do and do not attend MSU. So why must you feel the need to talk in high whiney pitched voices as if you are an anime character? It does not make you speak the language better than you can without the high voice. And if anything people who speak Japanese as a native language are more than likely going to make fun of you for speaking like that. In none of the J-Dramas, J-game shows, and etc do they talk like that. If anything they seem to speak with a deeper voice in most cases.

So why?
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: Random serious question about those who are learning japanese   Random serious question about those who are learning japanese Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 6:34 am

because they want to? o.o;;; or maybe it is because of the anime... if they watch subbed anime most of the time, those people are more exposed to that type of voice style...
so perhaps it is that.
Back to top Go down
Jess S

PostSubject: Re: Random serious question about those who are learning japanese   Random serious question about those who are learning japanese Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 9:40 am

I found that a lot of the women I talked to in Japan were very conscious of the level of their voice, they spoke softly and "feminine" or "higher pitched," so when I speak Japanese I go for the same thing.

: ) just like how the men speak in deep, fast voices to sound more manly!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random serious question about those who are learning japanese   Random serious question about those who are learning japanese Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random serious question about those who are learning japanese
Page 1 of 1