Japan Club - Montclair State University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan Club - Montclair State University

japanc.weebly.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meeting Activites!

Go down 
+3
Densha_Onna
cc
Overlord Quel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

Meeting Activites! Empty
PostSubject: Meeting Activites!   Meeting Activites! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 6:54 am

So I'm not sure where this particular thread belongs, but I'm curious to see if anyone had anything in mind for presentations at the meetings? We've had a number of ideas, esp coming from the art committee...

Personally I was thinking of doing a small cooking demo, either once or if everyone likes it, once a month. I want to practice my pickleling skills and I think I could put together a short demo on pickles. Ideas, comments, suggestions?

Last edited by Overlord Quel on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

Meeting Activites! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Activites!   Meeting Activites! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:41 pm

Yep! Actually I wrote a huge document to the eboard on things we need to go over and meetings and how we run them, what we should do at meetings was included.

I think it is better to reword the title of this thread.
Not really mini events but more like activities during meetings?
Unfortunately we only have room 419 for our first meeting. Although I wrote 419 except when they have other stuff going on in that room move us to 417, I think they gave us 417 just because they don't want to give themselves more work. :/

ugh. super fail. anyway when the semester comes closer, i can try to resubmit some meeting dates and try to place them in room 419.
Back to top Go down
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

Meeting Activites! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Activites!   Meeting Activites! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 4:54 am

Is there a way to edit the title?

You can schedule pickleing whenever, It's pretty easy to pull together. As long as I'm set up, it should take me about 15 minutes for the demo. But it deff needs to be at the end. As much as I liked andrew's game breaks, it really confused people.
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

Meeting Activites! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Activites!   Meeting Activites! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 5:23 am

yep just edit your first post and then edit the title.

lol i dont know what went on with that but i dont think we plan to have game breaks...
Back to top Go down
Densha_Onna

Densha_Onna

Meeting Activites! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Activites!   Meeting Activites! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 8:04 am

I logged in and got a birthday wish. Laughing

Quel, you said you would like to practice pickeling (sp?)
Well this site has some dishes, though I'm not sure if this is what you meant. I'm not savvy on cook stuff ^^;

Tsukemono
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/ashley.matarama
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

Meeting Activites! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Activites!   Meeting Activites! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 3:07 pm

thank you! we also have an awesome book in the office on this stuff. I'm leaning towards some of the uber quick ones, they can be done in a few minutes. Some of the total prep and pickle time is less than half an hour.
Back to top Go down
KPopJRockLover

KPopJRockLover

Meeting Activites! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Activites!   Meeting Activites! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 1:53 am

What's the name of that card game they playing in Vol. 1 of Fruits Basket again? Maybe we could learn it and teach it to anyone interested during one of the meetings. Or, I could do a presentation on K-Pop idols going to Japan and their effect there.
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

Meeting Activites! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Activites!   Meeting Activites! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 2:55 am

I don't know that card game since i never read the manga but your presentation idea sounds nice! :')
Back to top Go down
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

Meeting Activites! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Activites!   Meeting Activites! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 3:47 am

What if we had a theme for our activites? One week it can be cultural, the next oral language, the next written language, and the last historical? It doesn't have to be boring of course, history of the ninja (or lack thereof) would be an awesome history piece. This way it gives us a break and keeps it interesting.
Back to top Go down
Lwearssilverpants

Lwearssilverpants

Meeting Activites! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Activites!   Meeting Activites! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 8:51 am

Maybe we could just have a day where we show off some fan art we all have, like stuff we've gotten from Artist Alley's? Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

Meeting Activites! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Activites!   Meeting Activites! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 1:16 pm

Like a show and tell? I remember doing one of those.. we should, its easy to do and a great way to get to know each other. Maybe we can even do it 2nd meeting?
Back to top Go down
Jess S

Meeting Activites! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Activites!   Meeting Activites! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 3:35 pm

Basic drawing:
+draw your own pokemon contest!

Monthly cosplay call!
+tip session or RP game

Basic Sewing:
+buying or getting things like sheets/pillows from goodwill can get you some pretty nice material and stuffing for cheap. we could make mini-plushies that are easy like clouds or hearts. (I saw Cassie making something like that Very Happy )

Basic Japanese:
+like the drawing and cosplay it could be another once a month thing.
+every session give a new handout or new set of flashcards
+practice in groups
++combine it with the cosplay roleplay

Basic Japanese cooking
+Quel's pickeling
+start with simple homecooked meals (do more research)
+move on to more and more complicated
+bentos HOMG

Japanese cultural traditions
+watch Azumanga Daiyo I'm told?
+I could teach them how to knit and bring lots of yarn. we could make scarfs for xmas presents like you see in dramas/anime

Traditional Japanese Art
+calligraphy (can do this! combine with Japanese lessons)
+wood press
+pottery
+poetry (write it in english, then challenge to write in japanese)

Japanese Religion
+tea ceremony
+shinto
+buddism

Modern Japanese Art/Music

Japanese games

Watching weapons demonstration

( I filmed my friend's explaining their japanese weapon collection last summer and never got around to editing it. but it's some cool stuff!!)
: ) If we get a lot of nice stuff we can rotate it so we have 1 or maybe 2 small things to focus on every meeting!

Example (none of these suggestions are very...boy? oriented. lol as usual):
September
First meeting: games: do english then try in Japanese?
Second meeting: show n' tell/i can bring my pictures from japan and so can everyone else who's been there. get a little culture and better getting to know each other + fun introduction to the culture + learning to tie yukata for festival
Third Meeting: First Japanese lesson+ call to cosplay
4th: games!! tie in the Japanese lesson somehow. maybe fruit basket?
October
5th: drawing lesson/art presentation
6th: 2nd Japanese lesson + food demonstration/fall food (lesson about food!)
7th: scary RP game/call to cosplay +always tie in Japanese lesson somehow from now on
8th: Tying your kimono
November:
9th: Introduction to knitting + Japanese customs
10th: 3rd Japanese lesson

etc etc : )

Last edited by Jess S on Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

Meeting Activites! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Activites!   Meeting Activites! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:11 am

we recently had an eboard meeting and we were discussing on activities as well.
i just wanna say that we were talking about presentations and although they dont always have to be relevant to each other, we were hoping for the activities to be related to the presentation. :O

we were also going to ask ppl a month before to have presentations as well and then we can get the projector in time *3*

nice ideas jess :')
Back to top Go down
Jess S

Meeting Activites! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Activites!   Meeting Activites! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:28 am

^^ thanks!! love your icon lol
Back to top Go down
Epithimia

Epithimia

Meeting Activites! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Activites!   Meeting Activites! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 5:45 am

KPopJRockLover wrote:
What's the name of that card game they playing in Vol. 1 of Fruits Basket again? Maybe we could learn it and teach it to anyone interested during one of the meetings. Or, I could do a presentation on K-Pop idols going to Japan and their effect there.

The game's called "Rich Man, Poor Man" and I've wanted to teach people how to play for the last year. I'm down with teaching people provided they actually play and don't just sit in the back and talk or anything.
Back to top Go down
Jess S

Meeting Activites! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Activites!   Meeting Activites! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 6:09 am

Epithimia wrote:
KPopJRockLover wrote:

The game's called "Rich Man, Poor Man" and I've wanted to teach people how to play for the last year. I'm down with teaching people provided they actually play and don't just sit in the back and talk or anything.

That's so cool! can you go ahead and post the rules her on the forum so we know what you'll need to teach everybody?
Back to top Go down
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

Meeting Activites! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Activites!   Meeting Activites! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 1:17 pm

You know what, speaking of seats, would it be possible to set up the meeting so the tables go around the room instead of classroom style? Its so much easier to have a conversation with everyone.
Back to top Go down
KPopJRockLover

KPopJRockLover

Meeting Activites! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Activites!   Meeting Activites! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:01 am

Epithimia wrote:
KPopJRockLover wrote:

Cool, if it's actually a fun game, I'm down. Maybe we could set up little sections of who wants to play and who wants to do some other activity. That way you won't have to suffer through the rudeness of people just sitting around, talking.
Back to top Go down
KPopJRockLover

KPopJRockLover

Meeting Activites! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Activites!   Meeting Activites! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:02 am

Overlord Quel wrote:
You know what, speaking of seats, would it be possible to set up the meeting so the tables go around the room instead of classroom style? Its so much easier to have a conversation with everyone.

You mean like how we did it at the 1st New eBoard meeting? I'd like that so much better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Meeting Activites! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Activites!   Meeting Activites! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meeting Activites!
Page 1 of 1