Japan Club - Montclair State University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan Club - Montclair State University

japanc.weebly.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Suggestions For Field Trips

Go down 
+2
Duck
Densha_Onna
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Densha_Onna

Densha_Onna

Suggestions For Field Trips Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions For Field Trips   Suggestions For Field Trips Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 1:28 pm

Hi everyone!
Not sure if this is in the right spot, but worth a shot.

I wanted to suggest a field trip for New York's Japan Day. Do any of you know about it?
official site
It's free, and you get to do different cultural activities and eat/drink freebies
(but to actually do activities/eat/drink I suggest being there early because the lines get extremely long)
There's also concerts/fashion shows/cultural presentations on the stage.
Also for a donation, you get a nice Japan Day shirt. Wink

Another trip suggestion I would like to make is the free annual USA-Japan Goodwill concerts at Carnegie Hall (sponsored by UNICEF) that feature Japanese traditional performances (they vary each year). I've gone to them since my freshman year of high school, and I've seen a samurai show, shamisen, taiko, and koto performances, traditional dancing (ninja, sword fights, chorus, edo tamasudare, etc.)
To get tickets I believe you have to go in person to the box office, but you can have as many as you like I believe (unless there's a limit- my Sensei was always the one who picked them up, so I'm not too clear on that). I don't know about this year because all I could find was a wind instrument ensemble performance, but if there are any traditional performances it would be great to see them!

Tell me what you think!
Apologies in advance if I posted in the wrong area.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/ashley.matarama
Duck

Duck

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions For Field Trips   Suggestions For Field Trips Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 10:38 am

Oh I remember NY's Japan Day. It was really fun though those lines are rather disheartening. I haven't heard of the other event, but it does seems like a fun idea.
Back to top Go down
Caryn_Kyuu

Caryn_Kyuu

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions For Field Trips   Suggestions For Field Trips Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 11:22 am

Loved Japan Day! The activities were really fun and I got to see Kago Ai this past June! I love you I love you

That'd be awesome if we did a field trip there! Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
http://emeraldeyes1.blogspot.com
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions For Field Trips   Suggestions For Field Trips Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 2:41 am

sounds like much fun! someone remind us at the next meeting? or maybe C.C. or meg can see this? (I'd go!)
Back to top Go down
Densha_Onna

Densha_Onna

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions For Field Trips   Suggestions For Field Trips Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 10:56 am

I will do my best to remind the club on Japan-o-tainment (sp?) night about Japan Day...since I can't attend meetings yet... (sadface). Hope my schedule next semester leaves the Tuesday night slot free.

Another suggestion is Japan Society trips!
Japan Society
This is the enewsletter page so that you can get updated on events. Two years ago they had Manga Mania and it was an awesome exhibit (it included some manga titles and classic video games)
Back to top Go down
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions For Field Trips   Suggestions For Field Trips Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 1:40 pm

oooh i love japan society... we took a trip for their their gallery show, KRAZY! and for the cosplay party. id love to do another japan society trip.
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions For Field Trips   Suggestions For Field Trips Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 1:04 pm

I like Japan Day Smile
I went to it either last year or two years ago~ but I was disappointed that the games like the balloon one was for kids only D: cause i went there just for that LOLOL

We can try to have a field trip for it, but this celebration usually takes place after the spring semester ends. Some members wont be close by to go together, but some may go by themselves and meet whoever else is going there. if it is planned out well and in advance, it will be a success Very Happy although this would be something to saved for the spring semester. ~ >w<

and i just signed up the japan club email to receive the newsletter.
any new ideas from sources such as japan society is something we need and should embrace for our members Very Happy <3

thanks for the ideas!!
Back to top Go down
Densha_Onna

Densha_Onna

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions For Field Trips   Suggestions For Field Trips Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 2:08 am

Hey guys! I posted this on Japan Club MSU's facebook page, but I figured I'd mention it here as well.

http://www.japansociety.org/event_detail?eid=359309d1

It's an art exhibition featuring contemporary Japanese artists that go beyond the typical kawaii/otaku image. I didn't see a ticket price or anything, but if we could go as a club that would be great! Otherwise, I would say to bring it up so that if individuals want to get together they can do so. It will be around for a long time (March 18- June 12) so don't worry if you have time constraints.

Thank you!
Ash
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions For Field Trips   Suggestions For Field Trips Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:20 am

Oh cool! If you really really want to organize a trip for this, please let me know and we can start to get people to "sign up" to take a group trip Smile <3
Back to top Go down
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions For Field Trips   Suggestions For Field Trips Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 4:46 am

also now that i think about it, the cherry blossom event in branchbrook park should be coming up soon...
http://essexnjblooms.org/CherryBlossomFestival.aspx

its april 17th, the day after chibicon. i suppose if we're not all too passed out.. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Waqas

Waqas

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions For Field Trips   Suggestions For Field Trips Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 4:29 am

i say YESS to all of the above Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions For Field Trips   Suggestions For Field Trips Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions For Field Trips
Page 1 of 1