Japan Club - Montclair State University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan Club - Montclair State University

japanc.weebly.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lesser Known Animes

Go down 
+2
cc
JGV
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JGV

JGV

Lesser Known Animes Empty
PostSubject: Lesser Known Animes   Lesser Known Animes Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 11:39 am

Hey everyone!
I always talk about Amano Yoshitaka's Tenshi no Tamago--it's one of my favorite films--but does anybody know any lesser known/rareish animes?
Back to top Go down
http://neko490.deviantart.com
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: Lesser Known Animes   Lesser Known Animes Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 3:55 am

I like
Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit (Seirei no Moribito)
and
The Twelve Kingdoms (Juuni Kokki)

I highly recommend both but the beginning of Juuni Kokki might piss/annoy you since the main character at that time is very whiny and annoying LOLOL but it gets better, WAY better @__@!!

Both of these series arent that long. I didnt read the manga/read the novels for these books yet but I do plan to. The anime is pretty good :)
Back to top Go down
mannyC
Secretary
Secretary
mannyC

PostSubject: Re: Lesser Known Animes   Lesser Known Animes Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 9:50 am

Right now, I'm watching HEROMAN which is oddly uncommon for a Stan Lee collab.

I did watch some short unknown series. Right now all I can think of is Working!!, though. If I can think of any other ones, I'll get back here.
Back to top Go down
http://mannycdesign.tumblr.com
Waqas

Waqas

PostSubject: Re: Lesser Known Animes   Lesser Known Animes Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 3:01 pm

look up Genocyber its a OVA. incredibly violent and brutal definitely not for people with a weak stomach. i could barely watch it, but i liked it XD like i also love cute/romance animes too so i have a very wide spectrum hahaha!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
KPopJRockLover

KPopJRockLover

PostSubject: Re: Lesser Known Animes   Lesser Known Animes Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 1:57 am

I'm not sure if it's lesser known or not, but "Angel Beats!"? I just saw it on Anime Network. It's pretty cool. It's about this group of high school students fighting in the afterlife against an angel because they don't want to be reincarnated (they have no idea what they would come back as). The main character only joined them because he has amnesia and doesn't know anything about his old life or how he died, so he's only planning on staying until he remembers. It's pretty funny and interesting.
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: Lesser Known Animes   Lesser Known Animes Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 3:04 am

Ahh I've seen Angel Beats. I would recommend that too since I personally liked it. :'D teehee
Back to top Go down
Epithimia

Epithimia

PostSubject: Re: Lesser Known Animes   Lesser Known Animes Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 5:50 am

Gankutsuou is an amazing anime if you just want to have an eyegasm over the amazing art style and colors. The plot is intricate and well paced too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesser Known Animes   Lesser Known Animes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lesser Known Animes
Page 1 of 1