Japan Club - Montclair State University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan Club - Montclair State University

japanc.weebly.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stamps/Logo/T-shirts

Go down 
+2
mannyC
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Stamps/Logo/T-shirts Empty
PostSubject: Stamps/Logo/T-shirts   Stamps/Logo/T-shirts Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 9:39 am

This year it would be great to receive more designs from other members for the design of the logo for next year's chibi con.
(Then we can have some sort of contest and maybe you might win a prize...? ;o like maybe a free t-shirt lol it will have to be discussed)

So this is the list Jess made up:

1. design logo/stamps for this year.
2. order stamps/T-shirts
3. set up T-shirt booth to sell old Ts as well as new. (set prices for old)

--
maybe we can use the old t-shirts as prizes.

(-edited by cc.)
Back to top Go down
http://japanc.weebly.com
mannyC
Secretary
Secretary
mannyC

PostSubject: Re: Stamps/Logo/T-shirts   Stamps/Logo/T-shirts Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:50 am

HEY, I would love a T-shirt, lmao. In any case, I'll help with logo design, because that is my forte/worklove.

I was bored and didn't feel like writing my essay, so I made some logo ideas in Illustrator. Tell me what you think. https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/PoopX/Other/chibiconlogo.png
Back to top Go down
http://mannycdesign.tumblr.com
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: Stamps/Logo/T-shirts   Stamps/Logo/T-shirts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 8:13 am

oh i like these~
i was thinking that last one... maybe it should just be a circle with chibi con written inside~
that would be cool alone too ^^
Back to top Go down
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

PostSubject: ooooh   Stamps/Logo/T-shirts Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 1:31 am

ooooh i very much like! you are good at this! good catch making them linear, we'll need that when they get printed.

Homework for manny!!!
next step for you manny, use customink.com's tools to see how big your logo would fit on the shirt and think of the size and placement. (pretend your ordering a set, pick out the shirt and color, and post the results here.)

A lot of your logos are vertical, something not usually down. it could look awesome, or kinda weird depending on the size and placement.

remember to pay attention to size, placement, and how many ink colors. this website lets you see a final result kinda thing, very important to take into account.

^^^^ i suggest this for anyone working on logos for tshirts, this makes it easier to compare
Back to top Go down
mannyC
Secretary
Secretary
mannyC

PostSubject: Re: Stamps/Logo/T-shirts   Stamps/Logo/T-shirts Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 11:17 am

The vertical designs are expected to be placed going down the left chest side of the shirt, not centered, btw.

Questions!:
Obviously the number of ink colors and the color of the shirt might change costs. While my designs here are all Black-on-White, I can easily change the colors around to match the shirt's base color. But what would you guys prefer the shirt's color be? Last year's shirt was black, do we stay the same or change?

Also, customink.com has a "sponsorship" thing where they lower the price to $0.50 per shirt if you place their logo somewhere on the front or back of the shirt. Thoughts?

Also, about how many shirts would you guys order? If you want to get a quote on the shirts, it asks for an amount to be ordered. :U

SORRY FOR ALL THE QUESTIONS and how i type a lot haha
Back to top Go down
Jess S

PostSubject: Re: Stamps/Logo/T-shirts   Stamps/Logo/T-shirts Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 11:26 am

oooh

I like the third one. But perhaps a different font for the english lettering and numbers.
Back to top Go down
Waqas

Waqas

PostSubject: Re: Stamps/Logo/T-shirts   Stamps/Logo/T-shirts Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 4:05 am

PunkJax wrote:
HEY, I would love a T-shirt, lmao. In any case, I'll help with logo design, because that is my forte/worklove.

I was bored and didn't feel like writing my essay, so I made some logo ideas in Illustrator. Tell me what you think. https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/PoopX/Other/chibiconlogo.png

i like the second one, but maybe with year in it or not monkey
Back to top Go down
mannyC
Secretary
Secretary
mannyC

PostSubject: Re: Stamps/Logo/T-shirts   Stamps/Logo/T-shirts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 5:16 am

EVERYONE LIKES DIFFERENT ONES is this good? Y/N?

If possible I will print these and some alternates tomorrow to bring on Tuesday for the club's opinions.
Back to top Go down
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

PostSubject: Re: Stamps/Logo/T-shirts   Stamps/Logo/T-shirts Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 12:20 am

this is good, it means we have variety! ^_^ i think we'll scrouge up the old shirts to give examples what they look like... we should still have one of each at least.... you can put it any number, since its just to see what it looks like.

for example, in the past ive order 25 m 25 l and maybe like 15 s?

in the past its been...

black shirt with red writing w/ customink logo (2007, the one with eyes for zeros and appley a mysterious character on the sleeve)
white shirt with blue spraypaint courtesy of local artist(2008, punky cool graffti)
no shirt in lieu of having a performer at msu, we made pins with our logo... (2009, funky asian font with another chibi rocky character)
black shirt with white writing, no customink logo (2010, star design)

print out some examples at the mac lab and we should be able to pull up the shirts to show everyone.

(exicited!)
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: Stamps/Logo/T-shirts   Stamps/Logo/T-shirts Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 3:57 am

We can also re-present them in the beginning meetings of the spring semester Smile
for any new member that might join~
and also because everyone was a bit preoccupied with other things during the month of dec~

^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stamps/Logo/T-shirts   Stamps/Logo/T-shirts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stamps/Logo/T-shirts
Page 1 of 1