Japan Club - Montclair State University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan Club - Montclair State University

japanc.weebly.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

weeee zombies!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

weeee zombies! Empty
PostSubject: weeee zombies!   weeee zombies! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 1:44 am

this is going to be the coolest event, ever!

ideas:

we should take the 4th floor, tape off any offices and make sure we can use most of these rooms.

game begins as the elevator doors to the 4th floor open!

rounds can be played survival, capture the flag, or escape mission style *point a to b*.

survivors should be indentified by same color tshirts to make life easy and cheap. white can show "blood" really well!

we can plant hostages, flags, and ammo in the rooms.

we can use our strobe lights for great effect.

zombie makeup and fake blood for gore.

head zombie can make judgement calls.

we could ask if gamers wants to help us design this. they are good at figuring out fair games.

soooo super excited!

bounce

please feedback!

-quel
Back to top Go down
A-chan

A-chan

weeee zombies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: weeee zombies!   weeee zombies! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:10 am

I love the whole game starting with the doors opening to the fourth floor. Iono but I got a whole Resident Evil feel from that. I like your thoughts Quel though I'm lost on the survivors bit. How does that work?

Last edited by A-chan on Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.innocent-passion.deviantart.com
cc

cc

weeee zombies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: weeee zombies!   weeee zombies! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 4:14 am

Yea and we need to make sure the space we use will be good, and there has to be many hallways not just two ways to run around or else the zombies can just corner them o.o;
/sounds confusing LOL

and also instead of shirts, we can use masks? =)
i feel like the survivor should be aware of who is a zombie or not and thus the shirts will make it too obvious
they will have to look at their face to be positive (XD LOLOL lame suggestion i know)
Back to top Go down
BanzaiAttack13

BanzaiAttack13

weeee zombies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: weeee zombies!   weeee zombies! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 9:12 pm

I think we should come up with a zombie rule about how many shots it takes to take down a zombie. Since we can't aim for the head (that being one hit kill) we have to figure out about individual body parts like the arms, legs, and chest and how much damage can each part take.
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

weeee zombies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: weeee zombies!   weeee zombies! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:01 am

you make a good point.
Back to top Go down
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

weeee zombies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: weeee zombies!   weeee zombies! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 6:54 am

okays... sooo instant death for a head shot right? (assuming we have head shots)

3 for torso
1 for extremeties, and they cant use it anymore.

any other situtations concerning body points?
Back to top Go down
A-chan

A-chan

weeee zombies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: weeee zombies!   weeee zombies! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:43 am

So I asked my cousin about make-up for the zombies...This is how the convo went so far:

Adrianna Andino:
Greg, on April 24, would you be interested in helping my club with zombie make-up for our convention?? We're holding a zombie survival game during the convention. The event will prob be between 6-12pm. If you need supplies, let me know before Friday cuz we can help with that.

Greg Rivera:
I do wanna know does it pay were would it be and Amd could I bring a freind to help me out?

Adrianna Andino:
It's at the student center at MSU. Ya you can bring a friend. I'll ask the president about pay though.

Greg Rivera:
Ok if it doesent pay it's ok an I will make you a list of stuff I am going too need

Adrianna Andino:
Alright I'll let them know

Greg Rivera:
Ok sounds good I will get the list too you Thursday. And if they can't pay me at least if they could give me gas money that would be great

Last edited by A-chan on Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:58 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : update)
Back to top Go down
Cherry-Kun

Cherry-Kun

weeee zombies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: weeee zombies!   weeee zombies! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:11 pm

aight, aight. yo xek this out yo, xekitout! (in randy jacksons voice)

-For Survivors: Each one has up to 10 HP, each \"hit\" from a zombie is -x HP depending on the lvl of the zombie. a \"hit\" is a minor touch or contact with the survivor, nothing harsh so we dont hurt our players.
Medical packs will be hidden in selected places of the stage and they will be small, medium and large packs. small packs will give +2 HP, medium +5 and large +10 (add to the amount the survivor already has). if they touch the medic pack, they all instantly gain the HP and they have to declare in someway that they have activated the medic pack. there is no reviving, once you reach 0 HP is game over for the survivor, no turning into zombie.

-Bosses: as a tribute to the zombie games, i suggest we included 3 bosses, each one from silent hill, resident evil and left 4 dead. to be precise, pyramid head, nemesis and the witch.
now, each one will be a boss for a level: easy = the witch, medium = pyramid head, hard = nemesis.
aaaaaaaaaand, if we really wanna have something for the hardcore gamers, lets throw wesker from RE for a hardcore level! xD

-Damage calculation:
- Normal zombie:
HP: 4
Dmg: -1 per hit
Takes dmg: Head = -4, limb and torso = -1

- The Witch:
HP: 10
Dmg: -1 per hit
Takes dmg: Head = -1, limb and torso = - 1/2 (it takes a lot to kill that bitch on the game!)

- Pyramid Head:
HP: 15
Dmg: -3 per hit
Takes dmg: Head = 0, limb = -2, torso = -3

- Nemesis:
HP: 20
Dmg: -8 per hit
Takes dmg: any hit = -1/2

- Wesker:
HP: 30
Dmg: instant death per hit
takes dmg: any hit = -1

if anyone can think of a better way to calculate the points, it would be cool.

i\'ve seen somewhere on teh interwebs a nemesis costume, since we have unlimited moneyz, then we could also buy a pyramid head costume, ooooooooor! we could get in touch with the sculpture department and have them do something nice for us! xD

Last edited by Cherry-Kun on Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

weeee zombies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: weeee zombies!   weeee zombies! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:19 pm

interesting calculations cherry. i like the idea of having the survivors have 10hp.

will the bosses be dressed up in any particular manner? ie, will the witch boss look and dress like the witch? shes the easiest one to do... but pryamid head?

i like your style!

@adri, we probably cant afford to pay him. but how far does he live? gas money sounds like a $5 bill... that might be doable... if anything id be willing to feed him for the day, let him eat from the maid cafe?

perhaps a small stipend for gas, and some foodage from the maid cafe?

about the list of supplies, i cant see us covering more than $20 worth of stuff... (we could just buy the makeup ourselves...)
Back to top Go down
Cherry-Kun

Cherry-Kun

weeee zombies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: weeee zombies!   weeee zombies! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:28 pm

just in case, i edited my last post, coz something weird happened xD

Quel> of course, each one should resemble their respective virtual counterparts! xD
Back to top Go down
A-chan

A-chan

weeee zombies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: weeee zombies!   weeee zombies! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:53 pm

@ Cherry: It sounds really cool and almost video game like but would that be too much information for players to remember?? Especially if this game is gonna be 10-15 min.

@ Quel: We're both from Iselin (Woodbridge Township) so that's about 45 min away.
Back to top Go down
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

weeee zombies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: weeee zombies!   weeee zombies! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:58 pm

aah iselin... the land near malls and magic tourneys.... $5 would get him more than enough gas to go to msu and back. assuming he doesnt drive a pickup truck.

i dont think thats too much infos.

we'll be having info beforehand.
Back to top Go down
BanzaiAttack13

BanzaiAttack13

weeee zombies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: weeee zombies!   weeee zombies! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:09 pm

All this sounds great. I can't wait to fight Nemesis and Wesker as Barry. It would be awesome if we could dim the lights a bit in the 4th floor. And put on some speakers and play some horror music in the background as well.
Back to top Go down
Cherry-Kun

Cherry-Kun

weeee zombies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: weeee zombies!   weeee zombies! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 10:13 pm

BanzaiAttack13 wrote:
All this sounds great. I can't wait to fight Nemesis and Wesker as Barry. It would be awesome if we could dim the lights a bit in the 4th floor. And put on some speakers and play some horror music in the background as well.

exactly what i was thinking too!!!

like, have the OST for each game (RE, SH, L4D) and play it during the mission

aight, regarding the info....yeah, it seems a bit too much, but i mean, each character, including zombies, should be aware of their own points. like, the witch should know how much damage she takes from a hit and shouldnt have to worry about .......oh! i just realised there is a cherry among the icons!!! cherry cherry cherry hehe, short attention spam, even in teh interwebs. worry about the players, is it understandable? like, i worry about my points and i know when im dead. obviously, the survivors will get an overview on the HP of each enemy and strategies to kill them faster. we should discuss this with MUG, too.
Back to top Go down
A-chan

A-chan

weeee zombies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: weeee zombies!   weeee zombies! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 1:10 am

Well I think as long as the enough if simple enough to understand and remember it can work. Cuz you may have ppl like me as players who are forgetful if there's too much info.

weeee zombies! Star3 BTW, my best friend totally wishes she could play this game but due to her being out of state... XD I must fullfill her wishes!
Back to top Go down
A-chan

A-chan

weeee zombies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: weeee zombies!   weeee zombies! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 7:37 am

After telling my cousin what Quel said...Well I don't think he'll come to do make up now.

Anyway! Chris asked me yesterday during the meeting if I'd draw for the presentation before the zombie game. I finished my zombie chibis which were inspired from Cherry's idea. Decided I'd share em with you all.

weeee zombies! Zombie10
Back to top Go down
Cherry-Kun

Cherry-Kun

weeee zombies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: weeee zombies!   weeee zombies! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:30 am

we can always give like card descriptions, right? xD
Back to top Go down
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

weeee zombies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: weeee zombies!   weeee zombies! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 6:13 am

awwww awesome!!!

@adri, hmmmm anything in particular he said? i regret i cant really offer him much. we are a non for profit group.
Back to top Go down
A-chan

A-chan

weeee zombies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: weeee zombies!   weeee zombies! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 7:28 am

^-^; well let's just say he seemed willing and then coped an attitude.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

weeee zombies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: weeee zombies!   weeee zombies! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

weeee zombies!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Japan Club - Montclair State University :: Archives :: Chibi Con :: Chibi Con 2010-
Jump to: