Japan Club - Montclair State University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan Club - Montclair State University

japanc.weebly.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sup?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
castellik1

castellik1

Sup?  Empty
PostSubject: Sup?    Sup?  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 12:19 pm

Hi, my names Keith, nice to meet...everyone. Not much about me to really introduce... I intend to move to Japan after college, I'm a Buddhist, and I love MMA/Fighting... which seems contradictory, but isn't, in a way that would take way to long to explain in an introduction.

I started looking for this club because a needed class made it so I can't take the last Japanese course, so I'm studying on my own. If there's a study group for it, I'd be happy to join.

Again, nice to meet everyone.
Back to top Go down
Epithimia

Epithimia

Sup?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sup?    Sup?  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 12:56 pm

And so the new wave of freshmen emerges. Hey there Keith!
Back to top Go down
castellik1

castellik1

Sup?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sup?    Sup?  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 1:40 pm

Well, I'm a junior, but Hi all the same.
Back to top Go down
Epithimia

Epithimia

Sup?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sup?    Sup?  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 1:48 pm

castellik1 wrote:
Well, I'm a junior, but Hi all the same.

Oh god, we got a bunch of those last semester (well ok only three but still)

So you're actually joining the club, right?
Back to top Go down
castellik1

castellik1

Sup?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sup?    Sup?  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 2:06 pm

Yeah, I would have joined sooner but I transfered in last semester, and I had issues with my new car (It seemed to not exist), but I took care of it. So now I can actually choose when to be on campus instead of bumming for rides... what were we talking about again? oh yeah... yes.
Back to top Go down
Epithimia

Epithimia

Sup?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sup?    Sup?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 11:01 am

castellik1 wrote:
Yeah, I would have joined sooner but I transfered in last semester, and I had issues with my new car (It seemed to not exist), but I took care of it. So now I can actually choose when to be on campus instead of bumming for rides... what were we talking about again? oh yeah... yes.

I live on campus, I'm hoping I'll have my new car by next month. Do you live near Montclair?
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

Sup?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sup?    Sup?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 12:30 pm

welcome welcome!

im hoping this semester we can form study groups for members&students to participate in together learning japanese~~~ :'D
Back to top Go down
castellik1

castellik1

Sup?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sup?    Sup?  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 8:18 am

Epithimia wrote:

I live on campus, I'm hoping I'll have my new car by next month. Do you live near Montclair?

Yeah, I'm from Gedar Grove. It's literally like 4 miles away (Which is nice because in a pinch I can walk to campus as long as I know I have to long enough in advance. [left]

and cc, sounds good to me, I'd gladly join. I just switched up my schedule and have registered for the TR 201. Actually, it might not be a bad idea to have 201 students help the lower level students. I always learn quicker when I have to explain things to others so it'd be a good way to reinforce the basics too for myself and anyone similar..
Back to top Go down
Half

Half

Sup?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sup?    Sup?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:34 am

Hey new person! Welcome! QUICK! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!

I've been studying Japanese a little bit this summer.....I still suck with particles x.x
Back to top Go down
castellik1

castellik1

Sup?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sup?    Sup?  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 1:44 pm

I am not perfect with particles, just because there are so many I can't remember the meanings of the majority of them. They're so deceptively simple looking... This helped me a bit (I would loan it to you, but I don't have my copy anymore either)

http://www.amazon.com/All-About-Particles-Handbook-Japanese/dp/4770027818/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312087111&sr=8-1

Personally, I'm finding verb forms more annoying than anything. I get so proud reading a book and knowing I can say most things, then watching an anime or Japanese tv show and having no idea what they're saying because I don't understand the different forms well enough. I mean, I know the basics of past, present, positive, negative, and invitational, but I have no idea how to change the formality, which sucks when TV shows like to use informal speech, and textbooks mostly cover highly formal or literary style speech.
Back to top Go down
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

Sup?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sup?    Sup?  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 9:19 am

yay young people studying! ;D I'm looking forward to seeing all the new faces next tuesday!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sup?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sup?    Sup?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sup?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Japan Club - Montclair State University :: Announcements / Introduction :: Introductions!-
Jump to: