Japan Club - Montclair State University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan Club - Montclair State University

japanc.weebly.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Books related to Japan I have and am willing to donate (if anyone is interested)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
castellik1

castellik1

Books related to Japan I have and am willing to donate (if anyone is interested) Empty
PostSubject: Books related to Japan I have and am willing to donate (if anyone is interested)   Books related to Japan I have and am willing to donate (if anyone is interested) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 6:28 am

Language Related:

Barron's Japanese Vocabulary (organized by English topic instead of alphabetical)

Barron's Japanese Grammar (English and Romaji only, but a very good introduction to the scentence structure and some particles.)

Kanji & Kana: A handbook of the Japanese Writing System

Art Related:

Japanese Comickers: Draw Anime and Manga Like Japan's Hottest Artists (It doesn't really help with drawing unless you're the type who can learn from pictures). It's pretty much just short bio's of artists, their choice of medium, and a sampling of a few of their works. It's actually pretty interesting though, seeing how much modern Anime/Manga style art can vary.

How to Draw Manga: Male Characters

Persona 3 Artbook

Culture:

Living Abroad in Japan

Japanese Tales

Pandemonium and Parade: Japanese Monsters and the culture of Yokai

Novels:

The Samurai Garden by Gail Tsukiyama (This is a Novel set in Japan, but is not Japanese. The Author is Half-Chinese, Half-Japanese but raised in America.)

I am a Cat by Natsume Sōseki (This is one of my all-time favorite books, so this is the only one I would like back when I graduate. It's just an incredible look at Japan, and humanity in general through the eyes of a nameless cat. It's a very powerful social commentary, and an interesting view of humanity as filtered through the eyes of an intelligent animal that thinks we're just ridiculous most the time.)

Misc:

The Book of Five Rings: The Classic Text of Samurai Sword Strategy.

I'm also fairly sure I have Kwaidan, which are very famous Japanese horror stories. But I haven't found it yet, so I can't promise I can bring it in)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Books related to Japan I have and am willing to donate (if anyone is interested) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books related to Japan I have and am willing to donate (if anyone is interested)   Books related to Japan I have and am willing to donate (if anyone is interested) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 2:14 pm

We are pretty interested in all the books.
We already use the books we currently have (all donations as well ;) ) as reference to help us come up with cool activities for upcoming meetings, activities as well as implementing some ideas/topics/history into our events~

-cc
Back to top Go down
http://japanc.weebly.com
castellik1

castellik1

PostSubject: Re: Books related to Japan I have and am willing to donate (if anyone is interested)   Books related to Japan I have and am willing to donate (if anyone is interested) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 10:03 pm

Okay. Then in that case I'll bring in the rest (or as many as I can carry) tomorrow. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Books related to Japan I have and am willing to donate (if anyone is interested)   Books related to Japan I have and am willing to donate (if anyone is interested) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Books related to Japan I have and am willing to donate (if anyone is interested)
Page 1 of 1