Japan Club - Montclair State University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan Club - Montclair State University

japanc.weebly.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Japan - The Strange Country

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cc

cc

Japan - The Strange Country Empty
PostSubject: Japan - The Strange Country   Japan - The Strange Country Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 11:06 am

Check out this video!

"This is my final thesis project. I created info-graphic, motion piece.
My objective is to make Japanese people to think about that everything happening here in Japan, isn't that normal.
So I created this video from foreigner's point of view, rather than Japanese people's point of view.

Both English and Japanese versions are available.

By the way, please don't call me racist, because I am one of short, small eyes Japanese.

大学の卒業制作で制作した映像です。(日本語版)
日本で生活していると、当たり前すぎて気づかない「不思議な事実」を、海外で生活した経験も生かし、外国人の視点から統計とともに映像化しました。
笑いつつも、「なんか不思議だな」と考えてもらえれば幸いです。
日本語版と英語版を制作しました。 "
Back to top Go down
Rupan

Rupan

PostSubject: Re: Japan - The Strange Country   Japan - The Strange Country Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 11:31 am

THanks for the video. My japanese skills are quite rudimentary but I understood the context. Plus some of the jokes the author put in it about his society.
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: Japan - The Strange Country   Japan - The Strange Country Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 11:37 am

I thought it was actually very interesting. :)
Very creative thesis.
I think he should do that with other countries lol~
Back to top Go down
JGV

JGV

PostSubject: Re: Japan - The Strange Country   Japan - The Strange Country Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 10:34 am

Ah, I've watched this video probably 20 times already XD, I show it to everyone I meet...
I do love the fact that the author is Japanese--he can dodge all those distracting accusations about him being racist. I'm sure he probably upset a lot of viewers by mentioning the dark sides of Japan, but I think it's admirable and necessary.
And I agree, CC, he should make more of these clips about other countries! I'd love to see one of Korea or China.
Back to top Go down
http://neko490.deviantart.com
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: Japan - The Strange Country   Japan - The Strange Country Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 1:12 pm

omg definitely korea *A*
or at least get a korean's perspective/views on his/her own country and then this author should make the vid
teehhee.
Back to top Go down
JGV

JGV

PostSubject: Re: Japan - The Strange Country   Japan - The Strange Country Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 5:41 am

Yes! With the same Australian narrator! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://neko490.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japan - The Strange Country   Japan - The Strange Country Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1