Japan Club - Montclair State University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan Club - Montclair State University

japanc.weebly.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!

Go down 
+6
demonicdjkitty
A-chan
SSJ2 Gohan
Jess S
cc
Admin
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 5:01 am

Hello!

I know sometimes it becomes boring to only talk about future events and nothing else after.
Or if we do play a game, its the same old game and it is not fun to play all of the time anymore.

SO if you have any ideas you want to do during the meeting please tell us!
Examples are: Presentations, japanese learning, etc
Jess has come up with a few ideas but we also want to hear from our <3 members~

also

If you any event ideas for this upcoming fall/spring semester, post here too.

If you want to talk about any events already planned for, I have separate threads for those.

Let the ideas commence!

-CC
Back to top Go down
http://japanc.weebly.com
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:22 am

Why is this thread empty? D:
Back to top Go down
Jess S

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:28 am

^.^;; maybe cuz we've got a lot of events already?
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:30 am

yea i know but any other things for future semesters too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jess S

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:37 am

^.^ well, I've been investigating crafts and other traditional things we can do during club time and the tea ceremony is always in high demand, but it's not somehting you can really learn in two hours, so maybe we could have tea ceremony get-togethers every so often if alot of people are into it after a quick demonstration
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:40 am

Yea! This also includes things to do during club meetings. I think I am going to add that. Thanks for reminding me. I knew I was forgetting something. rofl.

i also like the learn something in japanese too.
Back to top Go down
SSJ2 Gohan

SSJ2 Gohan

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 6:30 am

maybe we can make something before for the holidays. like make an ornament for christmas. or maybe if people like crossword puzzles or sudoku. we could make one and whoever finishes first gets a prize.
Back to top Go down
Jess S

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 6:31 am

^.^ there are a few origami things I'd like us to do before the fall festival! we'll use them as deocration and possibly even to sell/as prizes
Back to top Go down
SSJ2 Gohan

SSJ2 Gohan

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 6:32 am

sweet! maybe we can also make tanabata during a meeting too.
Back to top Go down
A-chan

A-chan

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 11:32 am

tanabata! <3

i could've sworn i posted in this thread o-o i musta written my suggestion in a diff one then...

Edit//

Yep I did post it somewhere else...in the Suggestions Sticky. wrote this:

Suggestion for 2010-2011 events:

Hey guys! Guess what? I just came up with an idea for a possible event we can hold. So here's my suggestion...After Bonnie, Suz and I all took the "Which Japanese street fashion clique do you belong in?" I thought that Japan Club could have an event where we hold a Japanese Street Fashion Show. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.innocent-passion.deviantart.com
SSJ2 Gohan

SSJ2 Gohan

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 3:18 am

thats realli cool idea. i like it!! ^_^
Back to top Go down
SSJ2 Gohan

SSJ2 Gohan

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 5:50 am

oh maybe we can also play shoji or mahjong one day or any other japanese games. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jess S

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 6:22 am

: ) I was thinking for anime night we could watch "Hikaru no Go' then play Go in the club cuz we have a bunch of go boards
Back to top Go down
A-chan

A-chan

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:28 am

: D dai hin min!! dai hin min!! i wanna learn how to play it right.
Back to top Go down
demonicdjkitty

demonicdjkitty

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:00 pm

i love both of adris ideas! yay street fashion show and yay dai hin min!!! lol

and i kno a bunch of ppl in club take japanese so maybe we could take turns teachin ppl
Back to top Go down
http://thatonenight.smackjeeves.com
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:39 am

We can also make up games to teach everyone too so it's more interactive.
Back to top Go down
demonicdjkitty

demonicdjkitty

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 6:15 am

troo dat
Back to top Go down
Jess S

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 3:51 pm

^.^ oooh I been looking into japanese kid's games! some of them are very close to our own except you have to speak japanse (obviously >w<)
Back to top Go down
A-chan

A-chan

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 7:39 am

o-o like fruits basket?
Back to top Go down
demonicdjkitty

demonicdjkitty

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 7:40 am

omg yes
Back to top Go down
A-chan

A-chan

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 7:41 am

Very Happy i so wanna play it
Back to top Go down
Lwearssilverpants

Lwearssilverpants

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 4:43 am

I remember in my soph year we once had an Anime Parliament. I thought the one we had was pretty fun and made some interesting debates. I think we oughta have this again and if it's a hit we can have at least one per semester. Anyone else like this? We can even decide on some of the topics ahead of time since you guys like planning stuff ahead.
Back to top Go down
Mike-san

Mike-san

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 6:08 am

I'm not sure how you guys would feel about this, but what if we tried to create our own little 'authentic' (and I use that term very loosely, given my lack of knowledge about the club and it's resources) festival? Like, in the sense of even if we get a few tables set up with a fishing game maybe or if we made rice balls and sold them? Just thought it might be cool to try out something ambitious like that.
Back to top Go down
http://teamwatchusplay.blogspot.com/
Jess S

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:15 am

^^ Mike, that's what our Fall Festival is like!
Back to top Go down
Mike-san

Mike-san

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:17 am

...I feel as though I had an incredible brain-fart...>_<; thanks for the clear-up, Jess. How awesomely awesome is the Fall Festival?
Back to top Go down
http://teamwatchusplay.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next