Japan Club - Montclair State University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan Club - Montclair State University

japanc.weebly.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!

Go down 
+6
demonicdjkitty
A-chan
SSJ2 Gohan
Jess S
cc
Admin
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jess S

Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:18 am

^.^ the fall festival is awesomely awesomely awesome!!

you can check out the fall foods festival planning thread for more information on it
Back to top Go down
Epithimia

Epithimia

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:45 am

A-chan wrote:
: D dai hin min!! dai hin min!! i wanna learn how to play it right.

I LOVE that game to death, I just learned to play it over the summer. It's really easy and we can definitely play it either after a meeting or in groups.
Back to top Go down
Epithimia

Epithimia

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:48 am

demonicdjkitty wrote:
and i kno a bunch of ppl in club take japanese so maybe we could take turns teachin ppl

Stephanie used to give "Japanese lessons" after meetings, but she kinda fell out of doing that. You can definitely do that as a demonstration though. (I haven't had a Japanese lesson in forever X3)
Back to top Go down
Epithimia

Epithimia

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:50 am

Lwearssilverpants wrote:
I remember in my soph year we once had an Anime Parliament. I thought the one we had was pretty fun and made some interesting debates. I think we oughta have this again and if it's a hit we can have at least one per semester. Anyone else like this? We can even decide on some of the topics ahead of time since you guys like planning stuff ahead.

I'm down for a Parliament, but we have to have a big enough appeal. I remember there was a Soul Eater panel at AnimeNEXT that was kind of like a Parliament. I think they'd be more successful if they were certain animes/trends, ex Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh and/or animes based off games.
Back to top Go down
Mike-san

Mike-san

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:16 am

Mike-san wrote:
I'm not sure how you guys would feel about this, but what if we tried to create our own little 'authentic' (and I use that term very loosely, given my lack of knowledge about the club and it's resources) festival? Like, in the sense of even if we get a few tables set up with a fishing game maybe or if we made rice balls and sold them? Just thought it might be cool to try out something ambitious like that.

There was also a Hetalia Parliament at Otakon this year. Epithimia's right though...if we do an Anime Parliament this year, it should be a theme or a trend. Maybe something general like 'main character of this manga' versus 'anime translation of said character' or something like that.
Back to top Go down
http://teamwatchusplay.blogspot.com/
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 6:02 am

I also think if we do a game show, it should be a theme or trend.

I was even thinking for next year, have a game show having a halloween theme, and another for xmas theme

and maybe this spring have a game show valentine theme and then after maybe ending of school / summer theme :)

maybe two game shows per semester!
its fun to make questions and its fun to hold this type of event
its not too much planning other than prizes and making the questions too ~
Back to top Go down
Waqas

Waqas

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 12:00 pm

ever since i watched/read the series Holic, i want to learn how to play mahjong like Watanuki-san ♥️ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!   Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas for Club Meetings & Events for the Fall Semester!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2