Japan Club - Montclair State University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan Club - Montclair State University

japanc.weebly.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club?

Go down 
+3
SSJ2 Gohan
Half
Mike-san
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mike-san

Mike-san

Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club? Empty
PostSubject: Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club?   Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 5:55 am

Nice to meet you all. My name is Mike-san...hopefully that's self-explanatory enough. >_<;

I'm not actually part of the club right now, as I'm an incoming transfer student. However, I've been interested in joining for a long time and now that I'm finally packing my bags for MSU, I'm glad to get some interaction with the rest of the club. I read through some of the introductions and I can already tell that you guys and gals are a bunch of cool people. I won't try to stretch my introduction out (which I believe I'm already doing, much to the forum's dismay) but let me just give a few tid-bits about myself before I go. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone during the Red Hawk frenzy days and I'll try to get more involved with the forum as well as the club within the meantime.

-I'm actually a quarter Japanese, though I know barely a lick of it. My grandmother finds teaching me to be a bit of a pain, though she offers to teach me a phrase or word occasionally. (i.e. her favorite phrase for me: 'Mendokusai ne...' which for the rest of us means 'troublesome' or sometimes 'pain' in that same manner.)

-I have recently completed watching 'Durarara!!!' as well as 'Higashi no Eden' this summer, both of which are stellar and I highly recommend them to you guys.

Thanks again for taking the time to read my introduction guys. Let's make this year a good year for the club!
Back to top Go down
http://teamwatchusplay.blogspot.com/
Half

Half

PostSubject: Re: Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club?   Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 6:16 am

Welcome! Already sounds like you'll fit in just fine. Durarara!!! was great Smile (2nd season! Make it happen!....please?) See ya around soon!
Back to top Go down
Mike-san

Mike-san

PostSubject: Re: Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club?   Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 3:50 am

I hope they make that second season. That would be one of the best bandwagons ever. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SSJ2 Gohan

SSJ2 Gohan

PostSubject: Re: Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club?   Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 3:59 am

thats so kool that you can learn japanese from your grandma. Are you going to take any japanese classes this year?
See you at Red Hawk Frenzy! ^^
Back to top Go down
Mike-san

Mike-san

PostSubject: Re: Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club?   Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 4:12 am

Oh yeah SSJ2, Japanese 101 is in the schedule book somewhere. Smile Ever had Professor Kawahara before? Yeah, it's kinda' cool to have my grandmother teaching me some of the language. Actually, her best lessons are her authentic food and the culture itself. Also, did you take Japanese here yet?
Back to top Go down
SSJ2 Gohan

SSJ2 Gohan

PostSubject: Re: Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club?   Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 4:23 am

no i'm taking spanish since its an easy A for me but i wish i took japanese. I have alot of friends who are taking either 1 or 2. Yea my grandma is the same way, she tries to teach me Italian but the food she makes is much more entertaining lol
Back to top Go down
Mike-san

Mike-san

PostSubject: Re: Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club?   Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 4:25 am

Heritage is awesome, isn't it? =D
Back to top Go down
SSJ2 Gohan

SSJ2 Gohan

PostSubject: Re: Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club?   Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 5:57 am

Yes, yes it is! what year are you in?
Back to top Go down
Mike-san

Mike-san

PostSubject: Re: Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club?   Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 6:01 am

Since Community College Graduation, I should be a Junior. Luckily for me, the wonderful admissions staff at MSU missed a few credits along the way and they've made me a Sophomore. It's weird...I transferred over with 62 credits, but they only labeled me down with 54. >_<; so yeah...I need to go talk to the very nice and respectable counselors about getting those eight missing credits. /rant.

How about you, Gohan? Junior, I'm guessing.
Back to top Go down
SSJ2 Gohan

SSJ2 Gohan

PostSubject: Re: Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club?   Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 6:41 am

yup im a junior. real name is john lol. people in japan club call me roxasissy. lol very long story. It should be a very fun year!
Back to top Go down
Half

Half

PostSubject: Re: Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club?   Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 7:13 am

Indeed it should! .....aside from the work that is -_-'
Back to top Go down
SSJ2 Gohan

SSJ2 Gohan

PostSubject: Re: Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club?   Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 7:58 am

thats the only thing im not looking forward to. lol
Back to top Go down
Mike-san

Mike-san

PostSubject: Re: Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club?   Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:01 am

If all clubs came without work, it'd just be a smaller version of Woodstock. =D

Working in a club sucks, I think everyone on the board respectfully agrees. So we just try to make the most fun out of our working periods. And why not? Who says a bake sale can't be fun? (Err...maybe that's a bad analogy. How about 'Who says the Fall Food Festival can't be fun!')
Back to top Go down
Half

Half

PostSubject: Re: Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club?   Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:00 am

No no, I meant SCHOOL work. Club work is quite fun ^_^
Back to top Go down
Mike-san

Mike-san

PostSubject: Re: Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club?   Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:03 am

Oh! Well, in that case...I third that motion. ^_^; gawd, who goes away to college to have to work and study, anyways?
Back to top Go down
Half

Half

PostSubject: Re: Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club?   Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:29 am

Apparently we do <_<;
Back to top Go down
Mike-san

Mike-san

PostSubject: Re: Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club?   Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:39 am

You seem to have me at quite the disadvantage. >_<; Say, what're you majoring in Half?
Back to top Go down
Half

Half

PostSubject: Re: Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club?   Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:43 am

Communication Studies.......yup o_o
Back to top Go down
Mike-san

Mike-san

PostSubject: Re: Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club?   Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:48 am

That actually sounds fun. Don't feel too bad about that. ^_^;
Back to top Go down
Epithimia

Epithimia

PostSubject: Re: Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club?   Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:52 am

SSJ2 Gohan wrote:
yup im a junior. real name is john lol. people in japan club call me roxasissy. lol very long story. It should be a very fun year!

Ohhhh, I didn't know whose handle this was XD
Back to top Go down
Epithimia

Epithimia

PostSubject: Re: Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club?   Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:55 am

Mike-san wrote:
If all clubs came without work, it'd just be a smaller version of Woodstock. =D

Working in a club sucks, I think everyone on the board respectfully agrees. So we just try to make the most fun out of our working periods. And why not? Who says a bake sale can't be fun? (Err...maybe that's a bad analogy. How about 'Who says the Fall Food Festival can't be fun!')

Actually, the bake sales are really fun (except around finals time and you haven't slept right in 3 days), Jess and I did a lot of the baking last year (she's really dedicated to organization and creative stuff).

In any case, I'm very interested to meet you Mike-San, I'm Suz the secretary.
Back to top Go down
Mike-san

Mike-san

PostSubject: Re: Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club?   Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:29 am

The interest is mutual, Suz. It'll be nice to meet everyone in the club. (Just a few more days!)

I've seen some interesting bake sales too Suz. It's awesome to know you guys are dedicated to it, though. Very Happy I wouldn't mind helping out at the stands if you or Jess ever asked for an extra hand.

Back to top Go down
Half

Half

PostSubject: Re: Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club?   Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:36 am

Oh right. I'm Josh. I forgot that part ^^;
Back to top Go down
Mike-san

Mike-san

PostSubject: Re: Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club?   Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:38 am

HI JOSH. =D
Back to top Go down
Epithimia

Epithimia

PostSubject: Re: Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club?   Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:59 am

Half wrote:
Oh right. I'm Josh. I forgot that part ^^;

HAAAAI JOOOOOOSH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club?   Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Konnichiwa ogenki desu ka, Japan Club?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next