Japan Club - Montclair State University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan Club - Montclair State University

japanc.weebly.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

LETS HELP JAPAN!!! :D

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cherry-Kun

Cherry-Kun

LETS HELP JAPAN!!! :D Empty
PostSubject: LETS HELP JAPAN!!! :D   LETS HELP JAPAN!!! :D Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 2:46 am

Hey there guyz!!!

Ok! so, there is an idea going on around eboard to raise money and give it to red cross so they can send it to Japan Very Happy

Besides that, I put here the link to the fb account of Operation Tomodachi and the website of contact the Marines Expeditionary Force who are the ones executing OT. Also! (and this made me jizz in mah pants x9) I found out Gackt is making a fundraiser too, Show Your Heart!, but... well... it's all in Japanese xD we would need a translator if we want to know what's going on, but from what I read, all the money is going towards the Red Cross in Japan, too.

So! These are the steps I suggest we should take:

1. Make a bank account (which I bet was already taken in mind)
2. Make videos of ourselves calling people to donate money towards our cause (I strongly recommend that every member of our club should do one. Just grab your digi cam, film yourself talking about the situation and how they can help by donating money and putting it into our account). Just a 2 to 3 mins vid, nothing difficult, just a straightforward, personal and honest speech.
3. Upload the vid on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, anywhere you have an account Very Happy. Just spread the word everywhere!!!
4. ????
5. KIBOU O AGEMASHOU!!! LET’S GIVE HOPE!!!

It is our responsibility and duty to act on a time like this, we are Japan Club and Japan is dire need of help, so let’s work together and LET’S GIVE HOPE!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: LETS HELP JAPAN!!! :D   LETS HELP JAPAN!!! :D Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 2:51 am

The eboard also discussed already how to raise money from the campus:

set up a booth in the lobby of the student center and

1) we will have paper origami cranes and whoever donates receives a crane
2) we can also make snack bags (small bags filled with a few japanese candy) and give to those who donate

=)

ALSO MY FRIEND IS ALSO DOING COMMISSIONS TO SUPPORT THE CAUSE!:
http://vuscism.deviantart.com/
Back to top Go down
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

PostSubject: Re: LETS HELP JAPAN!!! :D   LETS HELP JAPAN!!! :D Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:04 am

Thank you guys for stepping up and starting this. Is there a way to create a paypal and have people donate to that paypal, then give it to the red cross? We could create those videos and link the paypal to it. That way we could keep track of how much money we've raised. Also, double check with the sga, they will match and give the same amount we raise, does not come out of our budget. We should see if bcc anime club is willing to spread the word at their anime week. Please let us know anything we as the members can do.
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: LETS HELP JAPAN!!! :D   LETS HELP JAPAN!!! :D Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:14 am

i just want to comment on the red cross and would like to refrain for the time being from donating to that org.

this is my post i had told to the eboard:
"ALSO i just want to let people know that I don't think we should be donating to the Red Cross at the moment. I hear about a lot of mixed issues with the organization due to what happened with the Haiti relief (all donations went to paying off their debt... and some other issues) on the website David and I created, there are a list of other orgs and im talking to my friend who is Japanese and her sister is fundraising $$ to donate, we talked about how maybe they can find an actual Japanese Relief organization in Japan that is taking donations and then maybe we can directly donate to them instead. More information about that will be given later though. thanks for reading!"
Back to top Go down
Cherry-Kun

Cherry-Kun

PostSubject: Re: LETS HELP JAPAN!!! :D   LETS HELP JAPAN!!! :D Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:28 am

yes! we shud send this idea to other klubs from other kolleges Very Happy

Christy: but u kreated the whole website O.o!!!
Back to top Go down
Lwearssilverpants

Lwearssilverpants

PostSubject: Re: LETS HELP JAPAN!!! :D   LETS HELP JAPAN!!! :D Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 6:26 am

This is awesome gaiz! Really well thought, I'm definitely doing this when I get a chance!
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: LETS HELP JAPAN!!! :D   LETS HELP JAPAN!!! :D Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:06 am

David, you have contributed!! @_@ !!! a lot!!!!! and got me to think to make the webpage! <3
Back to top Go down
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

PostSubject: Re: LETS HELP JAPAN!!! :D   LETS HELP JAPAN!!! :D Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 4:38 am

so, im not sure how easy it is to pull off. but the sga will work with us to make an emergency fundraiser. they should be willing to give us the funds, outside of the budget, for a fundraiser, like a hot foods 3$ chicken and rice bowl, and whatever we earn, they match and it all gets donated. we could ask to have it at univeristy hall. we could cook the next possible tuesday and have it on wednesday. i volunteer to buy and cook stuffs. the rice bowls worked really well at last years chibicon and people seem to like hot food in UN, like the empandas. if we work with the sga quickly, we should be able to get the paperwork passed in record time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LETS HELP JAPAN!!! :D   LETS HELP JAPAN!!! :D Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LETS HELP JAPAN!!! :D
Page 1 of 1