Japan Club - Montclair State University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan Club - Montclair State University

japanc.weebly.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ice Cream Social - Interest Meeting! Sept 15; 1:30pm; Quad

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Ice Cream Social - Interest Meeting! Sept 15; 1:30pm; Quad Empty
PostSubject: Ice Cream Social - Interest Meeting! Sept 15; 1:30pm; Quad   Ice Cream Social - Interest Meeting! Sept 15; 1:30pm; Quad Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 5:22 am

When: 9/15/2011 - Wednesday
Where: Student Center Quad
Raindate location: Rathskeller
Time: 1:30pm - 3:30pm

What:
Serving various Japanese flavored ice cream and having an interest meeting for students who stop by.

PLEASE VOTE FOR THE FLAVORS YOU ARE INTERESTED IN!!
Click Here

In the fall we are trying to have a delicious ice cream social featuring Japanese ice cream flavors outside in the quad! (We are aiming for hard ice cream, ice cream bars, and some mochi ice cream)

We would like to know what flavors you really want so we can get the appropriate amount of each flavor. If you have another flavor you want to suggest, write it! and we will add it to the polls :D <3
*Remember, even though we are voting for certain flavors and are accepting flavor suggestions, not all flavors are easily available for us to buy. Don't be sad if you don't see the flavor!

---
We will be sharing the space with the Fashion Club.
I spoke with the Fashion Club president and she was nice enough to allow us to share the space since they had first confirmation to use the quad for their cloth selling event.
(sorry i forgot the name u__u;;; )

So I was thinking we should also make good relations with the Fashion Club as well!
And with this in mind, we need to eat our ice cream not so close to their fabrics so we don't make an unnecessary mess on their merchandise! >w<

-cc
Back to top Go down
http://japanc.weebly.com
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream Social - Interest Meeting! Sept 15; 1:30pm; Quad   Ice Cream Social - Interest Meeting! Sept 15; 1:30pm; Quad Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 3:07 pm

for this bill, we should put in for a couple rolls of papertowels.
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream Social - Interest Meeting! Sept 15; 1:30pm; Quad   Ice Cream Social - Interest Meeting! Sept 15; 1:30pm; Quad Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 3:45 pm

i guess that is agreeable, but for now i want to discuss with the eboard how much $$ we will give to each event to manage the budge and then from there we can discuss on specific items we should purchase, etc. :>
Back to top Go down
Sandy
President
President
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream Social - Interest Meeting! Sept 15; 1:30pm; Quad   Ice Cream Social - Interest Meeting! Sept 15; 1:30pm; Quad Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 12:43 pm

are we just going to have ice cream or are we going to provide toppings like sprinkles?
Back to top Go down
Sandy
President
President
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream Social - Interest Meeting! Sept 15; 1:30pm; Quad   Ice Cream Social - Interest Meeting! Sept 15; 1:30pm; Quad Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 12:44 pm

also, do we have any ice cream scoopers in the club room?
Back to top Go down
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream Social - Interest Meeting! Sept 15; 1:30pm; Quad   Ice Cream Social - Interest Meeting! Sept 15; 1:30pm; Quad Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 1:14 pm

I think you should get us sprinkles sandy. and scoopers... tell him your borrowing them...OH! i forgot to tell C.C. that the ice shavers at at $16 at mitsuwa! ... <~~~~ C.C. READ THIS.

I think ice slushies might be a nice touch for the anti lactose people?
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream Social - Interest Meeting! Sept 15; 1:30pm; Quad   Ice Cream Social - Interest Meeting! Sept 15; 1:30pm; Quad Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 9:22 pm

yea i've seen them :p
if it lasts till the time for us to submit a bill and buy the items and if we have enough $ from our budget for each event (im thinking due to these flavors, the price wont be exactly cheap) sure~
and my dad bought a new ice cream scooper, so we can use the old one.

so one scooper obtained. rofl.

if you guys want sprinkles, but im thinking just serve ice cream. no sprinkles, etc cause these are japanese flavors and i really dont see people add sprinkles (except the hoji powder to the hoji ice cream) to the flavors. and its less messy / one less thing to worry about~
Back to top Go down
KPopJRockLover

KPopJRockLover

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream Social - Interest Meeting! Sept 15; 1:30pm; Quad   Ice Cream Social - Interest Meeting! Sept 15; 1:30pm; Quad Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 1:25 am

Are we going to have a cooler handy so that the ice-cream doesn't melt? Actually, more than one. That was a big problem at the ICC Ice-Cream social last semester.
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream Social - Interest Meeting! Sept 15; 1:30pm; Quad   Ice Cream Social - Interest Meeting! Sept 15; 1:30pm; Quad Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 2:58 am

We can probably ask Sandy to borrow hers since we borrowed hers last time and she has a bigger one too.

But since this is outside during common hours on Wednesday, the ice cream melting shouldn't be a big issue since most of it will be given out and gone quickly.

hopefully xD but good point dehlia :')
Back to top Go down
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream Social - Interest Meeting! Sept 15; 1:30pm; Quad   Ice Cream Social - Interest Meeting! Sept 15; 1:30pm; Quad Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 4:24 am

I like your sprinkle logic. The cooler is a great idea, but we need to remember to have ice on the budget.
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream Social - Interest Meeting! Sept 15; 1:30pm; Quad   Ice Cream Social - Interest Meeting! Sept 15; 1:30pm; Quad Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 8:13 am

i was planning to just not have the ice :O we can probably find some ice packs to use.. i have a few at home ... hopefully other people have one or two as well. so we dont waste any ice and just keep the ice cream in the cooler to protect it from the direct heat
Back to top Go down
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream Social - Interest Meeting! Sept 15; 1:30pm; Quad   Ice Cream Social - Interest Meeting! Sept 15; 1:30pm; Quad Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 2:53 am

That's smart... and we won't have a mess of ice water to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream Social - Interest Meeting! Sept 15; 1:30pm; Quad   Ice Cream Social - Interest Meeting! Sept 15; 1:30pm; Quad Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ice Cream Social - Interest Meeting! Sept 15; 1:30pm; Quad
Page 1 of 1