Japan Club - Montclair State University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan Club - Montclair State University

japanc.weebly.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Haunted Temple Reviews!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Haunted Temple Reviews!!! Empty
PostSubject: Haunted Temple Reviews!!!   Haunted Temple Reviews!!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 2:17 am

Write good and bad about the event!
I know there was a major delay, etc for this event and such but remember this is the first time we have done an event like this so we weren't completely sure how to go about it ourselves.

Please contribute to construction criticism, no blaming and such.
This thread is meant for the sake of asking for everyone's input and so next year if we do it again, we can try to avoid certain mistakes and remember the good things that happened to try to implement them again.

Thank you.

-cc
Back to top Go down
http://japanc.weebly.com
Waqas

Waqas

PostSubject: Excellent!   Haunted Temple Reviews!!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 5:02 am

I was very impressed in how the haunted temple turned out. It was very well done!

The whole atmosphere was great. I liked how it took place in the side room behind the cafeteria in the student center. It made it more mysterious. The tombstones and the Temple entrance were a nice touch, and whoever helped/did the trees/forest illustrations and Yukai did a great job. (I helped with some of the Yukai images! albino ) Not to mention the lighting, music, and uv lights.

But I think the best part overall were the 'scarers' in the haunted temple cyclops

They were really committed in scaring people, and in interesting ways i.e. crawling on the floor, through the t.v., and they're costumes/makeup were viewtiful. I actually kinda got freaked out when Sam came out wearing her mask and holding a rope, while blocking the path. I didn't know what she was going to do with us affraid

Also don't forget about the dancers! They were choreographed quite well, as usual bounce

p.s. I liked the root beer (I love root beer Exclamation )

I was there for only a certain amount of time because I had class, but I think for next time, we should have a way of letting people know more about it, while they walk in the hallways (or maybe we did but that was after i had to leave :p)

Also we should make sure to make the pvc pipes more secure beforehand, next time, so they won't fall down.
Back to top Go down
BCNJ11

BCNJ11

PostSubject: Re: Haunted Temple Reviews!!!   Haunted Temple Reviews!!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 12:19 pm

Hi! Matt R. here. Just registered to reply to this topic -- not sure if I should've posted elsewhere first to formally introduce myself (or rather, my association with this screen name), so... my apologies if I'm breaking protocol or something. Razz

Anyway! I really enjoyed this event. Aside from it taking longer to set up than expected (should we have put up a note saying it was delayed?), I think it worked out very well. I had a lot of fun, enjoyed helping out, and got to dress up for the first time in... uh... let's just say a really, really, REALLY long time. Very Happy

As far as improvements go -- we could have benefited from a more efficient way to transport materials. Say, for example, a large cart or empty rolling garbage bin -- anything with wheels that can hold a significant amount of stuff. I wouldn't know, but, maybe the school has something like that they could lend us? Other than that, the only other thing I would've changed is the day: not only do a lot of people try to avoid going on campus on Fridays, they're even less apt to be on campus on a Friday night. Even myself, admittedly, if there's no reason to be on campus after my last class ends at 5:15 I'll head straight home.

Oh, that's another thing: I got the sense that not many people knew about the event. I know it's listed in that "in the loop" e-mail, but how many people actually read that -- aside from me, that is? Very Happy Therefore, I wonder if it would've been a good idea to have a few people dress up a few hours before the event and walk around campus (or just the SC quad) with a sign promoting the event.

Anyhow, all in all I thought it was a great success! Everyone did a great job working together to pull this off. I'm glad I was able to be a part of it and look forward to helping out with other events in the future. Smile
Back to top Go down
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

PostSubject: Re: Haunted Temple Reviews!!!   Haunted Temple Reviews!!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 10:09 am

I was quite pleased with the overall effect, the only disappointing fcat was the lighting. It was too bright in the rooms to really make good use of the UV light. It's a shame we weren't able to produce the "ceiling effect" to mask out some of the light, like we intended.

There was also the small issues of the extra paperwork no one knew about, but I trust Sandy and Matt have given you the information.

(for posterity: you need permits for a fog machine, covers for the smoke detectors, and permits for having "disorientating" construction in a room, along with a safety evacuation plan.. please consult your fire marshall.. >_>Wink

Matt - we did have a cart, I wasn't there for setup, but we did use it for breaking down. It was mainly to move the t.v. and other heavy objects.

Kudos to the builders and artists on this. We were able to create a lot out of just cardboard, posters, markers, pvc pipes, garbage bags, and tons of tape.

(and may i say how awesome sandy was for this event? ^_^)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haunted Temple Reviews!!!   Haunted Temple Reviews!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Haunted Temple Reviews!!!
Page 1 of 1