Japan Club - Montclair State University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan Club - Montclair State University

japanc.weebly.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

~Maid Cafe~

Go down 
+8
S_M_Z
Kathy
Jess S
AJ
Overlord Quel
A-chan
cc
Epithimia
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Epithimia

Epithimia

~Maid Cafe~ Empty
PostSubject: ~Maid Cafe~   ~Maid Cafe~ Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 7:16 am

Hey, anybody interested in participating in the Maid Cafe can post any ideas and suggestions such as food ideas, decoration ideas, etc.

Right now the idea is that we have 4 people working in the cafe at a time, three maids and one person handling money. Those who signed up can choose their shift times.

NOTE: If you want to cosplay, your best bet is to take an early shift so you can change right afterward.
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

~Maid Cafe~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Maid Cafe~   ~Maid Cafe~ Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 8:58 am

Yes! I was hoping you to make the thread ;) <3
I can help out with setting up and cleaning up ~
Back to top Go down
A-chan

A-chan

~Maid Cafe~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Maid Cafe~   ~Maid Cafe~ Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:20 am

:O I really want to participate in the maid cafe aside for JCDC stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.innocent-passion.deviantart.com
Epithimia

Epithimia

~Maid Cafe~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Maid Cafe~   ~Maid Cafe~ Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 1:09 pm

A-chan wrote:
:O I really want to participate in the maid cafe aside for JCDC stuff.

Sure, we'll probably work on scheduling and shifts when it gets closer to con time.
Back to top Go down
A-chan

A-chan

~Maid Cafe~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Maid Cafe~   ~Maid Cafe~ Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:07 pm

Yay! Sounds like a plan. :3
Back to top Go down
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

~Maid Cafe~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Maid Cafe~   ~Maid Cafe~ Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:44 am

should we plan more a more diverse menu? in the past, it's looked like a glorified bake sale....
Back to top Go down
A-chan

A-chan

~Maid Cafe~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Maid Cafe~   ~Maid Cafe~ Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:55 am

*currently thinking of the ep of Lucky Star where Konata works at a cosplay cafe* Maybe we should look at diff menus for diff cafes for ideas.
Back to top Go down
Epithimia

Epithimia

~Maid Cafe~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Maid Cafe~   ~Maid Cafe~ Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 4:00 am

We should try for a bowl of something to be like $3, if it's too expensive, people might want to just to go to Rath for food, I think we should make it a point to be something tasty, but thrifty.
Back to top Go down
A-chan

A-chan

~Maid Cafe~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Maid Cafe~   ~Maid Cafe~ Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 4:06 am

"Upon entering one of such stores, the customer is greeted with the customary "Welcome home, Master" (お帰りなさいませ、ご主人様!, Okaerinasaimase, goshujinsama), offered a wipe towel and shown a food/drink menu."

^ I personally like the greeting.

"Popular dishes include cakes (sometimes baked by the maids themselves), ice-cream, omurice , spaghetti, as well as drinks such as coca-cola, tea, milk or alcoholic beverages such as beer or, in some cases, even champagne. Other options include taking polaroids (either of the maid alone, together with another maid or with the customer and which are then decorated using coloured markers or stickers), playing card or video games or even slightly more unusual ones, such as being slapped by one or more of the girls."

^ Took from wikipedia. So I guess the menu doesn't need to be all sweets.

Question: What kind of maid theme are we leaning towards?
Back to top Go down
AJ

AJ

~Maid Cafe~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Maid Cafe~   ~Maid Cafe~ Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 7:32 am

I thought my menu looked nice Sad considering I made it last minute and we didn't really have something to cook with last year.

Side note: Don't pour buckets of ice into that metal buffet server thing or make sure its sealed tight to avoid flooding the floor around it. X.x
Back to top Go down
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

~Maid Cafe~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Maid Cafe~   ~Maid Cafe~ Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 8:18 am

lmao, ill remember that......

i think we're going for a "loose" maid theme.... since some of us wont be in full maid outfit, and i think some might even use the yukatas. I quite partial to the black one... ^_^

@Adri, good research!
@suz, thats a great idea. maybe like a noodle dish? or rice dish? with cooked meat and or veggies on top?

note to self and maids, menu should incude easy to make food that can be made ahead of time. i learned my lesson, no cooking raw meat on site.
Back to top Go down
A-chan

A-chan

~Maid Cafe~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Maid Cafe~   ~Maid Cafe~ Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:29 am

._. Can I suggest maybe onigiri to the menu?
Back to top Go down
cc

cc

~Maid Cafe~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Maid Cafe~   ~Maid Cafe~ Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 8:18 am

about the sink issue, what if we suggest to them that only specific students will be allowed to use the sink? O:

like only me and suz can use the sink (example)
Back to top Go down
Overlord Quel

Overlord Quel

~Maid Cafe~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Maid Cafe~   ~Maid Cafe~ Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 am

hm. we deff need a kitchen in the student center.

well lets think. what are their issues with us.... the closest sink is the one in the kitchen directly behind the dining room. the trouble is they usually keep it locked, i assume because there is food in the room. below is a draft... o.o

"to whom it concerns,

our club, japan club, holds a yearly convention in the student center. during this event, we usually serve food to about 150 people. we expect this number to grow this year, and are facing new difficulties with cleanup for this event. the only places to clean anything are the three bathrooms within the student center, none of which have sinks big enough to accomodate the volume of dirty dishes and utensils we routinely encounter. we are forced to look at new options for cleanup. we respectfully ask if the staff could allow us access to one of the sinks within the student center that day. we do not require anything else but the sink. we already have soap and sponges and a storage area for clean dishware. I realize that are concerns about this sort of arrangement. I can assure you that only certain people will have access to the sink area, which would be limited to 2 people at most involved with cleaning. i have executive board members willing to supervise, as well as two police officers from montclair state patrolling the event.

The event is on April 24th, Saturday, roughly from 6pm to midnight. Acess to the sink would not be needed past 10pm. We understand this is an unsual request, and are willing to work with the staff on the conditions of such an agreement. Thank you very much for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Raquel Ford
President
Japan Club"

ok this is a rough sketch... aaah kinda embarssed!
Back to top Go down
Jess S

~Maid Cafe~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Maid Cafe~   ~Maid Cafe~ Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:48 am

^.^ for menu I was thinking:

if we have a min. of 5 tables we can do "Table themes" This will a) allow for a wider range of loli since we don't have just maid outfits b) bring in wider range of customers c) look pretty awesome if we pull it off

I've labeled it like this:

Maid
Princess
Love-love
Alice (In wonderland)
Goth (or repeat tables)

What will/could happen is this: someone enters the cafe` and either goes to the bar (drinks/water or to-go orders) or is seated by the first "maid" on hand. In the doorway is the advertizement so the customer can say "I'd like the princess table" or we give them whichever is free. The menus are the same, but the table deco is different. (I have stickers and cut outs for this but would love to get some colored plastic table cloths if we don't already have some:

Alice- http://www.codwholesale.com/Checks_c_173.html
everything else -http://www.factorydirectparty.com/tableware/table-covers/round-table-covers.html )

All the menus are the same, but when someone is seated at the "Alice" table for example they are reminded that the special for this table is "Drink me Eat me."

Specials: (All do-able, handmade by me and helpers the night before)

Maid: [help]
Princess: "poisoned apple" with or without caramel dip (since we have caramel)
Love-love: about 3inch long heart shaped cakes
Alice: (In wonderland) eat me drink me

exmpl: eat me is just white cake with "eat me" writen on it in frosting. very easy to make.
drink me is a mixture of see-through sodas, possibly placed in these:

http://www.midwestbottles.com/index.php?p=product&id=557&parent=3 1.25 oz
http://www.midwestbottles.com/index.php?p=product&id=851&parent=3 2 oz
http://www.midwestbottles.com/index.php?p=product&id=521&parent=3 2 oz ) with "drink me" tied to the bottle neck. I'm thinking no cap unless someone has tiny corks.

Goth (or repeat tables) mouse`

you can order any of these from any table, and there's still the food items other people mentioned. I just reeeally want to try making the eat me drink me and I think it will pull in a lot of customers with the recent re-release of the Alice in Wonderland movie
Back to top Go down
A-chan

A-chan

~Maid Cafe~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Maid Cafe~   ~Maid Cafe~ Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 2:26 am

Very Happy I like Jess's idea! it's cool.
Back to top Go down
A-chan

A-chan

~Maid Cafe~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Maid Cafe~   ~Maid Cafe~ Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 4:49 pm

Choco Cornet Recipe

INGREDIENTS:
2 egg whites
½ C. sugar
1/3 C. sifted flour
3 T. butter, melted and cooled

PREPARATION:
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Beat the egg whites til stiff, sprinkle the sugar over them and fold over gently. Fold in the flour and the butter in the same way. Butter and flour a baking sheet, then heat it up in your pre-heated oven.

Drop the batter onto the hot baking sheet by tablespoons and spread thinly.
Bake for about 3 minutes, and the wafers are gently golden. Caution: don’t burn!

Quickly take the wafers from the sheet with a spatula, and while still warm, roll into cones. If they cool too quickly and become brittle, return them to the oven briefly. Place cones on a cooling rack. Enjoy
Back to top Go down
Jess S

~Maid Cafe~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Maid Cafe~   ~Maid Cafe~ Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 1:03 am

The cornets seem delicious but that sounds extremely complicated. There's lots of room for error and we'd probably need to borrow someone's mom's electric beaters to make the eggs stiff enough to "fold"

if we reeeeally want choco cornets a quick (though maybe pricier) solution would be to get some of those Pillsburry cresaunt rolls and do the same thing. we'll need a rolling pin to get them extra thin but that's not too hard to come by.

also, we'll need meltable chocolate, but I'm pretty sure you can purchase that at any grocery story in the isle with the snacks. they'll pretend it's "Dipping" chocolate.
Back to top Go down
A-chan

A-chan

~Maid Cafe~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Maid Cafe~   ~Maid Cafe~ Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 6:55 am

Yeah improvising always works. A less messier and easier option to meltable chocolate would be a jar of Nutella.
Back to top Go down
Jess S

~Maid Cafe~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Maid Cafe~   ~Maid Cafe~ Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:15 am

ooh nutella's brilliant! Also, I take it back about the meltable chocolate, that's not the right texture isn't it? We're already making mousse, so how about some chocolate cream? very easy to make. just need an electric blender, some coco-powder and cream
Back to top Go down
Kathy

Kathy

~Maid Cafe~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Maid Cafe~   ~Maid Cafe~ Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 5:46 am

suz, jess gave me some of the info for the maid cafe i need u to clarify if this all u guys really need for the maid cafe look in the chibi-con bill forum Smile
Back to top Go down
Jess S

~Maid Cafe~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Maid Cafe~   ~Maid Cafe~ Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 6:03 am

I'm not sure if that's all we need, if Suz didn't add anything to the bill that's probably all. there's still the meat, vegetables, rice, plastic bowls?
Back to top Go down
Epithimia

Epithimia

~Maid Cafe~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Maid Cafe~   ~Maid Cafe~ Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 12:35 pm

Jess S wrote:
I'm not sure if that's all we need, if Suz didn't add anything to the bill that's probably all. there's still the meat, vegetables, rice, plastic bowls?

Yeah, I'm going to have to look at the preliminary menu again to see what would be easiest to make
Back to top Go down
Jess S

~Maid Cafe~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Maid Cafe~   ~Maid Cafe~ Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 8:35 pm

So far the most complicated thing on the menu sounds like the cornets
Back to top Go down
Jess S

~Maid Cafe~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Maid Cafe~   ~Maid Cafe~ Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 10:14 pm

hi everybody! if you've got lolita, goth loli, or pretty pink dresses (etc etc) can we bring them to the meeting tomorrow? I wanna see if we've got enough stuff that will fit (complement) everybody <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

~Maid Cafe~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Maid Cafe~   ~Maid Cafe~ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

~Maid Cafe~
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next